urban survival

New project and design for a farm

Hello everyone just wanted to get started in here, i will be updating this post with more information as i go and wanted to get some ideas from the experts in here.

Im new to making cctv systems, currently only have 4 analog cameras to a recorder and the quality is poor and recording is lacking, i dont even remember the brand.

But i want to expand, to aroung 12 cameras, including the 4 that i have already in location, putting 1080p cameras, most will be outdoors and in different locations.

The main idea is to have a central location for recording and networking, passing cat5 cable to near locations and a ptp link for wireless connectivity.

For the central location, im planning to add a pfsense router, a poe netgear switch, a server to record and run the program, and a nas solution, plus a 1500va ups to power everything and in case theres a drop in power.

After this i would run ip cameras all the location, there are 3 places that i will have problems, 1 is 700m from the main server, one about 150m and the other about 1km apart.

Was thinking for this to connect them with ubiquiti nanostation loco m5 or similar.

Anyone has tried something like this? any option for outdoor cameras that can do well for distance and recording, i checked amazon and found some sellers that i never heard off, like sv3c, reolink, amcrest, hosafe, zmodo, and others, only saw hikvision in there that i have read in this forums about.

Thanks for your time and any help that you can provide me.

I have done a similar project for a customer. We did use Ubiquity Nano stations and they have worked great. We hooked the NVR to a Cellular Air Card Router for remote viewing. We used IC Realtime Cameras and NVR with Netgear Switches. We have several Nano stations setup for multisite back to a single station. Make sure you use cameras that are rated IP66 or better for dust even if you are inside. We also used all outdoor rated Cat6 cable.