guitaristshobi

37 Network 2 MP Cameras project (Looking for advice)

I am planning a 37 Network 2 Megapixel cameras project for one of our customers' 14 Story building, They have a server room on 8th Floor and for each floor they have a network switch which means they already have a LAN in their building. Previously i was thinking to use their network but changed my mind as i do not want CCTV System to depend on their existing network as they face network issues every now & then.

We are about to use following components for the installation :

Dahua 64 Channel NVR with 4000X8 = 32000 GBs of storage.

Dahua 2 Megapixel P.O.E Domes.

8 Port P.O.E for each floor.

8 Port Gigabit Switches.

16 Port Gigabit Switch.

Camera installation plan for each floor :

13 Floor 3

12 Floor 1

11 Floor 3

10 Floor 1

9 Floor 1

8 Floor 4 - Server Room where NVR will be installed

7 Floor 1

6 Floor 2

5 Floor 3

4 Floor 3

3 Floor 2

2 Floor 2

1 Floor 3

Ground Floor 8

Total 37 Cameras

As mentioned above 8 Port Full P.O.E For each floor is in our plan because in future they might need to expand number of cameras, i was wondering if we can use 8 Port FULL P.O.E NVRs (just to power up cameras) Please note maximum length per camera on each floor would not exceed 50 Meters.

Networking plan :

one length of Cat6 Cable from 8th floor (server room where NVR & 16 Port Gigabit switch will be placed) to 11th floor and deploying one 8 Port Gigabit switch so i can link 9 Cameras from Floors (9 - 13) This way i will have to take separate Cat6 cables from mentioned floors to 9th floor.

for 4 cameras on 8th floor (where NVR will be placed) i will run CAT6 directly from 16 Port Gigabit switch into P.O.E Switch to link up 4 cameras on 8th floor.

one length of Cat6 Cable from 8th floor (server room where NVR & 16 Port Gigabit switch will be placed) to 5th floor and deploying one 8 Port Gigabit switch so i can link 9 Cameras from Floors (4 - 7) This way i will have to take separate Cat6 cables from mentioned floors to 5th floor.

one length of Cat6 Cable from 5th to 3rd floor as now we have a link to server room (8th floor) and deploying one 8 Port Gigabit switch so i can link 7 Cameras from Floors (1 - 3) This way i will have to take separate Cat6 cables from mentioned floors to 5th floor.

Lastly another length of Cat6 to link up 8 cameras from Ground floor to 3rd floor.

Question : is there a way to connect my CCTV System to their existing LAN to give them local access in some offices within building & keeping our dedicated LAN independent?

I would like to know if it sounds like a solid plan for this installation.

Any advice & suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Hi. You will give yourself a headache with that many switches.

Look at every other floor and for this amount of cameras I would also look at managed switch.

You are right ..... Keep the CCTV to its own LAN network.

Hey Tom, Thanks for writing in. Would you please be more specific i didn't get it when you wrote (look at every other floor).

Thanks.

Hi. If your talking cable length on each floor only being 50m then only have a switch on every other floor..... Half the amount of switches needed.

Managed switch gives you more control over cameras ..... Much better for offsite maintenance

https://www.ubnt.com/unifi-switching/unifi-switch-8-150w/

Thanks tom, would there be any way to give them local access to cameras keeping my LAN Independent totally?

Your server should have 2 network cards

one for cam subnet

second for corp LAN

if u know what I mean

Yea it has 2 LAN Cards, i would love to read a little explanation on this issue tho

Nothing personal,

but how can u do 37 cams job without basic knowledge?

Nothing personal indeed , yes pretty much i can. We are about to start cabling tomorrow and by the mid of next week i will get it all up & running. I will post pictures as soon as we get it done

Yea it has 2 LAN Cards, i would love to read a little explanation on this issue tho

Nothing personal,

but how can u do 37 cams job without basic knowledge?

Nothing personal once again!!! System was successfully deployed and handed over to customer, tomorrow i will pass by there to take some pictures as promised