harminator

Outdoor rated switches

Installing an IP camera system for a large, outdoor storage unit facility. The storage unit buildings are unheated enclosures in a cold climate. Looking at using some outdoor rated gigabit PoE switches to build an outdoor network between the buildings, plugging IP cameras into these switches. Found one from InscapeData - LPS2000-T1 switch that looks like it would fit the situation.

Has anyone used this outdoor rated switch?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for an outdoor rated PoE Gigabit switch?

Thanks in advance!

you can get some good outdoor rated enclosures that would house a regular poe switch we have used some boxes that cost around 50.00 ea that had a cutout for a duplex 110 outlet along with waterproof fittings to run other wires in

Yes, I suppose that is an option as well. But then I would still need a switch that is rated for sub zero temperatures, or some sort of small heating element in the enclosure.

The other nice thing about those LinkPower switches is that they look like it can be powered by 220VAC, which is what the storage units use for their outdoor lighting.

We do this all the time with Comnet, Planet and other DIN-rail mount switches. NEMA box+ DIN-Rail switch+DIN-Rail power supply.

What climate are you in?

There are some extreme temp versions of the Trendnet switches we normally use. That could work with a NEMA box and a DIN power supply.

Do you normally install the DIN power supply in the same NEMA box as the switch? With 220VAC coming in, I'm wondering if it would be wise to have the power supply in it's own separate box...