Sign in to follow this  
asmodai

Initial set-up, Equipment suggestions.

Hi Everyone,

My boss knows that I know my way around a computer so I've been tasked with getting him a "Cheap" security system. He has a Radio tower on one corner of his property that he wants to mount a camera on there so he can use to watch over his business. He intends to build a weatherproof-tamper proof enclosure for the camera so he wants an indoor one. Where I need help is can anyone tell me what some good cameras are that will allow him to monitor a lot that is roughly 200' x 200'? He wants to be able to aim the camera around and zoom in on his workers even at the property lines and use his computer to view the camera.

I think he should use like 4 cameras at least but he's only will to shell out for one. so what equipment would be good for him to look into? Basically, indoor camera 150-200 foot range, night vision, and I guess a high power zoom that maybe he can control with a joystick or something. Any ideas anyone? Thanks for any suggestions anyone has ahead of time!

Hi. Why indoor camera then make a enclosure for it ?

Who owns radio transmitter....... not a good idea if not owners

Hi zoom plz ..... what is your budget

He owns the tower, it's a used oil recovery business, and according to him the enclosure will protect the camera (More easily from tampering with) and the indoor cameras are cheaper. His budget is 300-500. I don't know crap about CCTV's but I gotta give him some suggestions, any help would be appreciated. Oh, and BTW, I assume the zoom is so he can see who's doing what at work. Thanks Again.

He owns the tower, it's a used oil recovery business, and according to him the enclosure will protect the camera (More easily from tampering with) and the indoor cameras are cheaper. His budget is 300-500. I don't know crap about CCTV's but I gotta give him some suggestions, any help would be appreciated. Oh, and BTW, I assume the zoom is so he can see who's doing what at work. Thanks Again.

Hi. That is not a budget ..... ptz cameras are already housed..... making a housing is just a waste of time and money

Using a pic points to you using a ip camera. Budget is too small