smiley

Network video matrix?

Howdy,

New guy here; I have posted an introduction that may give some context to my question.

We are figuring out a conversion of our current analog system to IP. Right now I can pull up and drive the camera I want on the monitor wall by just selecting the monitor and punching in the camera number on a BOSCH Intuikey keyad/joystick, so we use the Allegiant video matrix. When we convert, I want my dispatchers to be able to use their cameras the same way. I see the benefits of the mainstream VMSs but since my guys know their camera numbers, they can get the camera they want very quickly. Does anybody know of a product that could work like that?

I imagine something with a simple program where you build a camera table with the names and IP addresses, then when you punch in the number on the keypad it finds the address and brings it up. Thanks for reading.

Thanks for the reply! That's one of the best options I have seen. I think we might just be too picky. We would still be losing flexibility on the monitor wall from what I understand reading the specs. I have a proposal to spend this money on some analog thermal now.....yeaaaaah