Sign in to follow this  
kilbixy

Having trouble with xmeye on android

Hi all, new to the forum so excuse me if I need to post this elsewhere.

I am posting this out of frustration with a system I recently installed for a client. I usually don't do security camer installations however I completed this job and have run into some issues. Below is a description of the system:

1x Chinese unbranded dvr 8ch

3x Sannce 720p ahd(?) cameras

5x tv-6670 (thats the only branding on them) cameras

xmeye app on android phone running marshmallow os

I was provided the camera system by the client and installed without issue, I have set up a monitor and have no problems. I then downloaded the app that came with the dvr called Xmeye. On my iphone this works occasionally, however often wont load all the cameras. At best I usually get 3 or 4 camera feeds and then it stops buffering and just wont load them.

When I istalled Xmeye on the clients phone I can view all cameras perfectly when connected to the network that the dvr is attached to, However when on a mobile network, the app often loads one or two feeds then gives me a timeout error.

The clients internet that the dvr is connected to is fast enough to handle video feeds and doesn't seem to be the issue. I believe I am running into trouble with the app somewhere.

I am at a hard point now as I have invested so much time trying to get it to work and nothing seems to help. I am reluctant to buy a branded DVR until I confirm what exactly is stopping the cameras from all loading on the app.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers guys

Matt

Hi Kilbixy,

Have you opened the ports on the customers Router to allow access to the app? If the relevant ports are not open the router will not allow you to access the cctv system away from the router that the DVR is connected to.

I had this problem so feel your frustration.

The way i did this was:

Settings> Net Service> Mobile Reported and Enable

And if its set up for motion detect then you need to go to

Settings > Alarm > Video Motion > and click the box marked mobile reported.

Hope this works for you mate