Sign in to follow this  
bradfieldonian

Novice requiring help in designing a CCTV network.

First and foremost I am self admittedly a complete novice when it comes to CCTV set ups, I am a medic by trade for the ambulance service and whilst I have a pretty decent knowledge of computers and technology to an extent, I know little to nothing about CCTV....therefore apologies in full if I come across a little scatty.

Ok.......So I live in a village in a rural'ish location in the peak district and unfortunately in recent months we have been plagued with a sudden influx of absolute scrotes who are intent on having away with anything that they can lay their hands on. Crime is through the roof at the minute in regards to burglaries and as oyu can imagine we are now majorly pee'd off as our local constabulary don't seem to have the resources to pro actively do something about it unfortunately.

We have set up a sort of community / neighbourhood watch group for the village and the surround areas and I am now looking to go one step further If I can by setting up some sort of CCTV network for the village....Ambitious but never the less necessary.

...........................................................................................................................................

What I am looking to do is to create a web page as part of our group where locals can stream external of their own property, in such a way that it creates a sort of CCTV network for the whole village.

As you can appreciate, participation will be voluntarily and anyone contributing will be footing their own cost there I am hoping to create something decent but at friendly cost to each user.

I was hoping to promote the same set-up / equipment to each user as I feel this would make on-going support much easier (as you can appreciate we are all novices as such).

I regards to the equipment itself I was hoping for something of a decent quality without breaking the bank. Something which is of a high enough quality to read car registration plates and as the majority of the crime is by night...night vision is also quite important.

Recording capabilities would be extremely useful as well for obvious reasons.

Again I would hope that it would all be easy to set up for each user as we are all pretty novice to this sort of stuff..as the most technically minded, I will probably find myself in charge of the whole thing therefore it has to be something fairly novice friendly.

And then like I said, I would like the ability for each member to be able to stream their cameras on a community website to create a network that we can all keep an eye on.

I am open to all suggestions and thank you in advance for your help on the matter folks.

Kind regards

......................................................................................................................................