Sign in to follow this  
confusedcameraman

PTZ web controls?

I currently own a Lorex PTZ camera model LZV2722BW and a Lorex 4 port DVR DV7041. Im trying to get a live stream, with ptz controls, on a website that I manage. I currently have http port forwarded, and rtsp port forwarded successfully and since im using lorex's free ddns I can access the camera from anywhere and control it but thats not what im wanting to do. I want to know if there is something anybody has done in the past that was able to embed the video into a webpage for free. Currently im able to use a 3rd party service to add the rtsp stream to the site but that does not have ptz capabilities. Any help would be appreciated even if it means I have to buy different equipment.

** Update ** I found out that the lorex LZV2722BW PTZ camera uses ONVIF according to their helpline.... I think that the axis q7404 encoder supports that so ill be getting one of those, setting that up seems complicated but I can use axis free ddns to avoid paying for a static ip. The encoder uses rs422 to send the ptz controls to the camera