Sign in to follow this  
swampguinnie

Falcon or Hikvision DVR?

https://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/dvr-16ch-1080n-4-in-1-dvr-ahd-tvi-cvbs-ip.html

https://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/hikvision-ds-7208hqhi-f1-n-8ch-turbo-3-0-dvr-rf3380.html

Working with:-

* 3 x IP Acti-7411 cameras https://www.acti.com/product/TCM-7411

* 6 x Unknown analogue 8 year old analogue that may get upgraded

The Falcon will accept my 3 IP cameras whereas the Hikvision will only accept x2 IP cameras.

So I may be better off dropping the additional IP camera and adding better analog cameras down the line.

Wow, that is one outdated unit.

That Falcon is a rebranded Dahua, and it is quite an old model. I would not recommend it.

If you want a Dahua, go with it. It should have no problems with ONVIF cameras (at least the ones that follow ONVIF standards, and I am quite sure ACTI does). But I would recommend to get one of the current 5in1 units, where you can use any channel on whatever system you want (analog, CVI, TVI, AHD, or IP camera).

I would suggest Dahua XVR5108H (up to 12 IP cameras).

Hi. Before you waste money. It is best to call ACTI 2013/14 cameras and not ONVIF and might give you problems.

See if there is a firmware update from 2014 for your cameras.

Both your links are old units .... The HIK is only 1080 on first two channels and 720 on the rest .....which is pointless now with 1080 being so cheap.

I see you used to use the avermedia .......can I ask did you buy from a guy called Stuart....... Leeds way ?

Thanks for the response guys:)

If you want a Dahua, go with it. It should have no problems with ONVIF cameras (at least the ones that follow ONVIF standards, and I am quite sure ACTI does). But I would recommend to get one of the current 5in1 units, where you can use any channel on whatever system you want (analog, CVI, TVI, AHD, or IP camera).

I would suggest Dahua XVR5108H (up to 12 IP cameras).

Thank you, I shall look into that unit. I didn't really want to go with anything in particular but these units were from the place I bought the Avermedia originally and I trusted their after sales.

Hi. Before you waste money. It is best to call ACTI 2013/14 cameras and not ONVIF and might give you problems.

See if there is a firmware update from 2014 for your cameras.

I see you used to use the avermedia .......can I ask did you buy from a guy called Stuart....... Leeds way ?

I have emailed Acti Tom. The latest update page is linked below and was 2012 but I cannot see reference to ONVIF.

http://www2.acti.com/product/support/ACM-7411

I purchased the Avermedia from RFConcepts the same crew with the outdated units:)

It's also like trying to find the holy grail when googling Qvis Quattro 5 I get many many web pages but none that seem to match as it appears several companies have taken the Qvis & Quattro terms.

The DS-7208HQHI-F1/N *IS* a current unit.

Both your links are old units .... The HIK is only 1080 on first two channels and 720 on the rest .....which is pointless now with 1080 being so cheap.

It does 1080p@12fps or 720p@25fps on all channels. It can also do 3MP@12fps on the first two channels.

It also has two extra IP channels, but I am not sure it will be easy to get those two channels working with anything that is not a Hikvision IPC.

Thanks for the advice Securame, it sounds a good unit, I'm going to see what Acti say in response to my enquiry before making a decision.

I have definitely chosen to ignore the HIK units within the links and yours does seem a tempting unit.

Toms QVIS units also seems a good offering but Qvis don't seem to have any reviews or web presence anywhere, it is a worrying fact considering they've been around a few years by the look of it.

Out of interest, how do the current units say your DS-7208HQFI compare to my old AverMedia EH5116Pro that back in the day cost £1,000 ish?

http://www.moretonalarms.com/pdf_engineer_manuals/EH5116ds.pdf

The DS-7208HQHI-F1/N *IS* a current unit.

It does 1080p@12fps or 720p@25fps on all channels. It can also do 3MP@12fps on the first two channels.

It also has two extra IP channels, but I am not sure it will be easy to get those two channels working with anything that is not a Hikvision IPC.

Tvi is upto tvi 3 .........so the unit posted is already out of date. And also to give restrictions to what can be used on each channel is also a thing of the past with other manufactures so a waste of money from the start with not being able to upgrade.

Thanks for the advice Securame, it sounds a good unit, I'm going to see what Acti say in response to my enquiry before making a decision.

I have definitely chosen to ignore the HIK units within the links and yours does seem a tempting unit.

Toms QVIS units also seems a good offering but Qvis don't seem to have any reviews or web presence anywhere, it is a worrying fact considering they've been around a few years by the look of it.

Out of interest, how do the current units say your DS-7208HQFI compare to my old AverMedia EH5116Pro that back in the day cost £1,000 ish?

As you can see from the forum I have been selling and installing avermedia for over 15 years. And your link is not even close to some of the avers.

Qvis I have been buying for over 20 years and never sent a unit back.

Only last Monday late evening a customer had 2 qvis tvi cameras shot out with air rifle and the £29 cameras stood up to it .....smashed glass and IR board but still was able to record.

Qvis are manufactures not installers and the longest running CCTV company in the uk.

As you can see from the forum I have been selling and installing avermedia for over 15 years. And your link is not even close to some of the avers.

Sorry Tom, I don't mean to be a pain bu my link was an Aver and so I don't understand your reference of my Aver not coming close to some of the Avers.

How does the EH5116PRO compare to the Qvis Quattro 5 in terms of performance?

Hi. I ment your falcon and hik links.

Your pro had a lot of functions .... did you use any of them or just use as a recorder.

Even just changing the recorder from a aver to the qvis is going to give you better images as the aver only displayed in cif

The pioneer Quattro 5 will run all format of cameras cvi tvi AHD ip ..... all digital and in there mp res .... it will also run your existing cameras in d1 which you aver could not do.

The only problem you will have is your existing ip cameras. 1.3mp with no onvif support

But with cvi and tvi cameras being so cheap and are 2 and 4mp it would be best to replace them. And you would not need the switch that is used along side your aver.

What type of business are you.

I get it now thanks Tom, so does that mean that when not using my IP cameras, I would also need to run coax in place of the cat 5 to use BNC connectors for replacement of Acti IP cameras on the Quattro?

Is it possible to still use a switch and cat 5 because if I like this unit, I may use one home where I only ran cat 5?

How much is that 4 and 8 channel Quattro 5 anyhow?

I get it now thanks Tom, so does that mean that when not using my IP cameras, I would also need to run coax in place of the cat 5 to use BNC connectors for replacement of Acti IP cameras on the Quattro?

Is it possible to still use a switch and cat 5 because if I like this unit, I may use one home where I only ran cat 5?

How much is that 4 and 8 channel Quattro 5 anyhow?

Hi. No you can use your existing cable (cat5). For tvi cvi AHD cameras .....you can run 4 down 1 existing cat cable

As far as price 4 way starts at £80..... No hard drive. £270 with hard drive .....for the pioneer Quattro if not using IP cameras .....Quattro 5 8 £243.

What type of business is it for.?

Thanks for that Tom,

How much is the Quattro 5 (8 channel) with and without hard drive please?

I have had a response from Acti and the latest firmware does not support ONVIF and so I am awaiting my question as to which DVR would support the existing firmware.