SuhiJr

Camera positioning sugestions

I sketched my camera positons and orientation (green arrows) on ground plan:

I am concerned about left camera (3) under balcony. Is it actualy necessary because right camera under balcony (4) will cover entrance trough fence gate and also camera on the left corner (2) near main door entrance in house.

Cameras (8, 9) on garage wall will cover driveway and part of backyard. Also two cameras (6, 7) will cover almost 100% of backyard/garden.

I will do this project in two stages. In first stage i will connect cameras 1, 2, 4 and 6 to NVR, and in second stage rest off cameras.

I am looking at least 2MP IP cameras around 70$, and some NVR that can record 9 IP cameras.

Any advice, did I miss anything?

Thanks in advance.

tlocrt-png-1.png.09395054e9bcc4a6244932ed96f2e042.png

I would say it is a good idea to add camera 3.

Without it bottom right corner is not fully covered.

303110_1.jpg

And with it it is much better.

303110_2.jpg

The thing is Camera 2 in your project cannot look behind the wall.

If we place a few bad guys there

303111_1.jpg

Camera 2 cannot see them

303111_2.jpg

And Camera 4 cannot see them all

303111_3.jpg

But camera 3 sees them perfectly with pixel desnity about 195 pixels per meter:

303111_1.png

Edited by Guest

As we can see from the picture bottom left and upper right corners are are not well covered.

Red ares on the pictures here are Identification zones (250 Pixels per Meter, 76 Pixels per Foot)

Yellow are Recongition zones (125 PPM, 38 PPF)

It took me about 10 minutes to design your project and 15 more to paste images here assuming your cameras are installed at 3 meters.

The project file for IP Video System Design Tool 9.1 has been attached.

jvsg-project.zip

BTW: You can get a license key for IP Video System Design Tool now by taking part in the JVSG Beta-Test Program.

One thing you forget other than bad guys........ sorry but your design is crap all about sales.

So your design software does not see entrances windows or other entrances as a problem area.

Let’s take away you gun happy threats and get into the real world .... like scum looking in windows or trying doors.

Cameras should be used to see entrance points into a home no point spending money on a system to have cameras pointing into garden area ...... evidence collection is more important

Sure. It was just an illustration. The design process is not automatic. And you are right that the CCTV designer should take care of entrances and windows. This was just an illustration of how the software visualizes identification, recognition, detection and monitoring zones and can show you 3D views from your CCTV system.

Some of our users asked us if we could implement an automatic camera placement algorithm. But experienced human CCTV designers are way better than a machine in analyzing security threats.

Sure. It was just an illustration. .

Fast reverse gear:) It is good illustration of uneducated designers who trust in your approach "easy intuitive design" with "easy to use simplified 3D design software” you promote. Their projects look glamorous with girls and boys but make laugh and angry installers in the field. It is also good illustration that inspection on real place is obligatory. Design software is an auxiliary tool. Project quality depends on designer skill and work. It is very good illustration of your approach, Maxim.