Sign in to follow this  
bicc

Whats the best camera foe Farm Yard security

Hi all,

What are peoples opinions on the best PTZ camera out there for indoor farm shed camera ?

I have been reading up on Foscam Cameras and the reviews look good.

Has anyone any experience with such cameras and is it user friendly to set up remote viewing ?

Hi all,

What are peoples opinions on the best PTZ camera out there for indoor farm shed camera ?

Has anyone any experience with such cameras and is it user friendly to set up remote viewing ?

Hi. Don’t waste your money on foscam

You need to tell use about your farm yard

How big

How many cameras

Distance from recorder to cameras

Where your located

Hi all,

Hi. Don’t waste your money on foscam

You need to tell use about your farm yard

How big

How many cameras

Distance from recorder to cameras

Where your located

I already have an existing system in place.

I have a Hawk PTZ camera installed in the main cattle shed.

The camera is powered locally and i am running an Ethernet cable 70M underground to a switch in a garage on site. The camera is connected to the LAN on the farm where i view the camera via Teamviewer on a local PC.

The reason why i am doing it this way is because the PTZ camera i am using does not allow me to view the camera via an app or via the local web browser. When i type in the IP address of the PTZ camera in the browser i can see the interface of the camera but no picture. Hence why i use Teamviewer for remote viewing.

The reason why i am looking to upfrade the camera is indeed for remote access. Looking fo a camera with a proven web application for remote access. Im not too worries about setting up port forwarding becasue i have done this before but i really need a proven hi spec PTZ camera with remote access.

I will also be looking to add more camera around the yard and diesel storage areas. The distance from the yards to the garage would be less than 30 M

What’s your budget? I have some pretty amazing 2.1MP auto tracking PTZ cameras with 395ft IR that won’t break the bank. But since your application is indoors we could probably offer another solution that doesn’t utilize IR. Is this the only camera you have or are you looking to port an entire system over to an NVR?