Sign in to follow this  
DINOP

FRONT DOOR CAMERA - NO INTERNET

Hi everyone. I am looking to set up a front door camera for my mom at her house and if possible a second camera on the detached garage. I need something easy to install and a camera system that does not use the internet to do its magic. I am hoping there is a system that can display the video on a monitor or even tv. Two way audio would be great but not necessary. Any thoughts on a system setup

thank-you

Dino

You will need to run cabling from the mounting locations to the DVR. Without internet the wireless functionality will not work unless you are just setting it up for local viewing through a router. What’s your budget?

It is for my mom so I kind of don't have a budget. I assumed the old type BNC type camera's may best to run to a local monitor. With that option I would install them only on the house as the garage is too far back to run cable and attempt to hide it properly. Again any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated

search for rv backup camera. as long as there's ac power in the garage, you can buy a 12vdc wall pack to run the camera.

there are several cheap sysems on the market that use a doorbell camera combo attached to the outside of the house and a wirless receiver about the size of a cell phone that can be placed anywhere in the house. We got one for my mother in law that save a few pictures on an sd card. Several offshore mfgs have them for under 200.00