nate_87

Design Thoughts

Hey guys,

Im looking at putting some Hikvision 8mp PoE fixed lens cameras into the exterior of our property and was hoping to get some feedback on placement and number of cameras as to whether its overkill or overexpecting?

In the real rough plan attached, i am thinking of using the Hikvision 8mp Outdoor dome with a fixed 4mm lens for camera 1 & 2, and then using the same camera but with 2.8mm lens for 3 through 6. Would this give full coverage of the boundaries or would i need to look at moving placement of cameras?

i am also considering putting atleast one 4 or 5 mp fisheye camera into the internal of the house as there is one place that would cover all internal entry points but wont need to have another half dozen cameras wired internally.

Would love any thoughts and suggestions on this.

Cheers Guys!

plan.thumb.jpg.31099e9d331282b70d4366bc8eb5de1a.jpg

just downloading the program now and will have a crack at it all. i will touch base if i have any dramas and will chuck up some pics of it if i can get get it to work out for me, although im not the most computer savvy person so wish me luck

So i must say i have suprised myself to be honest. After a little playing around i figured out the basics. My only limitation was the fact i can only place 5 cameras at once on the trial view, but i just moved the 5th around to cover the last spot and gave me a good idea. Not too sure on some of the 3d sorts of things but overall i got a pretty good idea of what i was wanting to know.

1.png.317d64fa02ba770c73d6461c51e503a0.png

2.thumb.png.f499743fc03472b066b07662686ad0c1.png

Thanks mate, yea seemed pretty simple to grasp the basics of it all. Played s little more with it again and changed the lens sizes and like it a bit more so it’s been great.

Another thing is the software can’t tell you the performance of a camera

Using dome cameras will be a big mistake.

You came on asking for advice and your getting the run around over design software for a home

Again like in another post the software is having cameras away from the house and only at garden

Software is wrong for 8mp which is over kill

It says nothing of IR

Says nothing of the recording device (which is important)

I would stop wasting time on software and look into products

Start by changing from dome to turret cameras

Another thing is the software can’t tell you the performance of a camera

Using dome cameras will be a big mistake.

You came on asking for advice and your getting the run around over design software for a home

Again like in another post the software is having cameras away from the house and only at garden

Software is wrong for 8mp which is over kill

It says nothing of IR

Says nothing of the recording device (which is important)

I would stop wasting time on software and look into products

Start by changing from dome to turret cameras

I agree that the software may be overkill for a small project, but there is definitely a ton of value for it in the commercial space. I think the difference between full coverage vs. just viewing someone near the home are two different design strategies.

I will agree going with turret cameras will save you some headaches.

Cheers guys for the feedback, am relatively new to this so any and all feedback is great. There is very little advise available to me locally hence turning towards forums like this for insight etc.

Regarding the dome v turret v bullet, why would you suggest one more so than another?

Recorder wise, i plan on using a Hikvision 8 channel nvr, any suggestions for or against this as well?

Cheers guys for the feedback, am relatively new to this so any and all feedback is great. There is very little advise available to me locally hence turning towards forums like this for insight etc.

Regarding the dome v turret v bullet, why would you suggest one more so than another?

Recorder wise, i plan on using a Hikvision 8 channel nvr, any suggestions for or against this as well?

Dome cameras tend to suffer quality issues at night (IR reflection on dome plastic). I like bullets and turrets as they are easy to aim and adjust but bullets are easy to smack and turn the other way as opposed to a turret.