mjk27435

NVR dilemma

Newbie here on the forum, but have some years under my belt with cams. I am in the market for a good NVR so I do what most do, went online ans searching around. I found a NVR by a company called Seenergy. Anyone ever heard of that company, I cannot find any reviews on it, and little info at all. Who can help me with this dilemma. I am looking for a 32 channel. The particular unit I found is the SVR-632. Thanks for your help.

to repeat myself-- go with a supplier that provides support and a good warranty. If you have not heard of the company and you cannot get info on returns or repairs you are destined for problems. your vendor is at least as important as the product you choose.

Thanks for the information, I am using a variety of cameras but most are 3mp and up. I currently have 16 cameras and seem to be at the end of the line on my pc capability. The 32 version of my windows only allows half of my memory to be used, so I guess I could just jump up to the 64bit version of windows 7 and and allow all 16 gigs of memory to be used. I am suprised that many of these NVR's only use a dual core processor, do you find this to be sufficient?

Thanks for the information, I am using a variety of cameras but most are 3mp and up. I currently have 16 cameras and seem to be at the end of the line on my pc capability. The 32 version of my windows only allows half of my memory to be used, so I guess I could just jump up to the 64bit version of windows 7 and and allow all 16 gigs of memory to be used. I am suprised that many of these NVR's only use a dual core processor, do you find this to be sufficient?

Hi

A standalone NVR is build for purpose , Pc based has many back round software and drivers running also Pc based is not as reliable as standalone too many things can go wrong, I always believe for security purpose the equipment needs to be reliable no point you have 30 cameras but when you need footage there is nothing there, just my opinion ,

I would definitely recommend the standalone NVR for your application use the PC as your viewing and management station

Regards