Sign in to follow this  
Brightstargas

System type and Recommendations, Help please.....

Hello Guys and Gals!

I wonder if you can help, I'm looking for a Wired system for my house, minimum 4 camera system but maybe 6, internet access etc... I don't really know much about cctv systems at all so I thought I would take advice from those who know, but aren't trying to sell me a system. I always give unbiased help in my plumbing forums.

I've been suggested by a cctv installer to have a Verox 4 camera system with a 4tb dvr, but a non cctv friend suggested swann, and another HikVision. I can't find much about the Verox system on google. So any guidance with these or any system would be good, I'm not stuck on any of those 3 nor I'm not looking for a budget system, I'm looking for one that will have some life, the most important to me would be Quality of image, that is a must!!

If any of you could guide me I would be very grateful.

Thank you for any help given.

Anthony.

Hello Guys and Gals!

I wonder if you can help, I'm looking for a Wired system for my house, minimum 4 camera system but maybe 6, internet access etc... I don't really know much about cctv systems at all so I thought I would take advice from those who know, but aren't trying to sell me a system. I always give unbiased help in my plumbing forums.

I've been suggested by a cctv installer to have a Verox 4 camera system with a 4tb dvr, but a non cctv friend suggested swann, and another HikVision. I can't find much about the Verox system on google. So any guidance with these or any system would be good, I'm not stuck on any of those 3 nor I'm not looking for a budget system, I'm looking for one that will have some life, the most important to me would be Quality of image, that is a must!!

If any of you could guide me I would be very grateful.

Thank you for any help given.

Anthony.

I have recently purchase a Swann system. It works out of the box and is ok but all the cameras are 3megapixel with fixed 3.5mm lenses. At 3megapixel the DVR will only capture 8 frames per second which is about 1/3 what you see on a TV, it's like a little bit choppy, but only a little bit. Swann claim that the cameras have 30m night vision which is ridiculous as the cameras can only really define objects at about 10 to 15 feet away if they are moving. Having all the cameras at a fixed focal range of 3.5mm does not help if you need to focus on objects at different ranges in different locations. I think Swann and similar re-sellers put systems together that work and give good technical support but at a price that is probably twice what you could get a similar package for if you shop around and do your research before you buy.

I got my system at half price and for what I paid I can't complain but if I had of paid the full retail price I'd have been very disappointed. My intention is to ditch the Swann system once I understand exactly what I need and spend a bit more on a quality system that has an array of cameras with focal lengths that suite my needs.

I could go on about why it's not a good idea to buy a package that has all the cameras with the same focal range but if you continue to ask questions on here and view reviews on utube etc you will start to understand that one camera focal range will not suite all situations.

Hope this helps to get you started.