BigJoeC

Want to catch the clown trying to break in

Good morning!

I looked around for info on a good system for my home. I don't want to get a cheap $350 system oon Amazon but don't exactly have 3-4 times that much. Not sure where to look or what to get.

I'd like a system with 4 cameras but expandable to 8 if we desire. A guy broke into our house and was seen in our back patio again just a month later. I can run wire and install it. I'm just looking for a system that isn't a ton of money.

I know this is a bit vague but if there are any questions that will help give advice I'll definitely answer.

Thanks all!

Hi. I would give Amazon and the likes a miss ......systems need upgrades and support.

Installing yourself I would go IP with NVR with built in POE ...... No messing around with getting coax and power to cameras and installing power supplies. 1 cat5 to each camera is all you need

Plug and play for full setup for cameras remote cell viewing and cloud backup.

https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-ip-security-camera-system/hd-security-camera-system-with-2k-recorder-weatherproof-cameras/LN10802-84W-1-p

This sounds perfect! Curious, how stable are the cameras? Any idea if there’s an option for turret style? When the NVR is hidden somewhere, can a wireless mouse be used through the floor to the office above? I’m looking to hide the NVR in the drop ceiling and HDMI the video to a screen just above into the office.

This sounds perfect! Curious, how stable are the cameras? Any idea if there’s an option for turret style? When the NVR is hidden somewhere, can a wireless mouse be used through the floor to the office above? I’m looking to hide the NVR in the drop ceiling and HDMI the video to a screen just above into the office.

Hi. You would have to call to see about the turret swap .....they also do 2k in turret same price.

Normal mouse extension will do for your distance .... Just run it with you HDMI cable

generic advice, from a retired video tech running 24 cameras, with more on the way:

a ratio of two high cameras to one eye level.

two eye level cameras where a person has to pause to get in. one to the side, one face on, just like a mug shot, for exactly that reason.

the quality of the image is limited by the quality of the lens. most CCTV cameras have cast acrylic lenses. I can identify people I know, identifying a stranger would require serious glass lenses and a camera that can support them. the eye level mugshot cameras need to be a cut above the generic "there's somebody out there" cameras.