l600dan

Off Grid Solar CCTV - motion detection.

I'm aware this topic has featured previously, however my needs are slightly more specific. I'm after a 12v DVR with low power consumption to run a couple of cameras with motion detection functionality so that an email / SMS is generated when motion detected. I've looked at the mobile / vehicle systems however unsure if they have the motion detection capability. I'm in the UK, can a suitable product be recommended plus any tips or advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Dan

I'm aware this topic has featured previously, however my needs are slightly more specific. I'm after a 12v DVR with low power consumption to run a couple of cameras with motion detection functionality so that an email / SMS is generated when motion detected. I've looked at the mobile / vehicle systems however unsure if they have the motion detection capability. I'm in the UK, can a suitable product be recommended plus any tips or advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Dan

Hi. Dan. What are you going to protect with your cameras ...... Indoor .... Outdoor ..... Large space .... Cars ?

If your on solar then cam with SD card and 4-5g network are not that expensive .... What is your budget

To protect a farm / agricultural building which has only one entrance. 4 cameras - 2 in / 2 out.

It’s a 400w solar installlation with 500Ah batteries although I’ll be running an alarm off this too.

Hi. With solar I would have cameras with alarm inputs which would save you on battery usage and alarm using your power which would also need some sort of mobile alert unit.

There is a camera in the uk that is for farms and also has a very cleaver number plate catcher ... 2mp full stand alone IR.

And as for sensors gjd are the best battery operated long range with battery life of 3 years again no drain on your solar battery

http://www.gjd.co.uk/products/wireless-detectors/d-tect-universal-gjd630

The cameras are around £300 but are 3-4-5g network number plate recognition and car colour .... it will ignor cars you know but will send video of all cars it does not know to your mobile it also stores video to an SD card and also option to go to a uk monitoring station

That's good advice, thanks.

Just to be absolutely clear, there would be a dvr with alarm trigger inputs. The PIR you recommended could trigger a dvr or similar to record when movement is detected. By using a special ANPR camera, I could create an email alert for unrecognised vehicles.

I'm guessing I could also trigger the camera from the alarm system also.

Do you have a link to a suitable camera / DVR please?

Cheers

Dan

Hi. No dvr or alarm system required

Just GJD sensors and control unit which connects to the camera direct.

The camera is always recording .... The point of the GJD is you also get alerts when sensors detect movement ...... Which is much more reliable than camera set to motion detect.

Cameras with motion detect will pic up rain snow small birds and also light change ..... To a point it becomes useless

ANPR is something the camera does

On 2/21/2018 at 4:17 AM, tomcctv said:

There is a camera in the uk that is for farms and also has a very cleaver number plate catcher ... 2mp full stand alone IR.

What camera might this be?