Sign in to follow this  
jasburrito

Just about to put together system.

Thanks for having a great forum. I am in the process of putting together a system for a friend. Here is what he collected so far. Cat 6 wires all over. 1250ft. 4 dahau starlight. 2.8 and 3.6. Bv Poe + switch 8 port. 3020 mini tower i5 4570 with widows 10 and wd4tb. USB to hdmi. keyboard joystick. Rj45 kit.thinking of running blue iris. Hope we chose components wisely. Any advise or tips would be appreciated. I am very excited to build this system. Cheers

Thanks for having a great forum. I am in the process of putting together a system for a friend. Here is what he collected so far. Cat 6 wires all over. 1250ft. 4 dahau starlight. 2.8 and 3.6. Bv Poe + switch 8 port. 3020 mini tower i5 4570 with widows 10 and wd4tb. USB to hdmi. keyboard joystick. Rj45 kit.thinking of running blue iris. Hope we chose components wisely. Any advise or tips would be appreciated. I am very excited to build this system. Cheers

Hi. 1250ft each run ? You will meet to do something every 300ft.

USB to HDMI ..... Best of with a HDMI graphics card

Why go PC and blue iris .... Which has a cost. Would be better with a dahua NVR

Are you using IP PTZ cameras ? What is joystick for

I appreciate your interest. Seems info on these subjects is limited . Started with 7 250ft boxes and ran some all around house. With camera wires terminating in a storage room. Kinda made a network. The back of the mini tower has USB and VGA output. Gonna hook mini tower to a main TV. Thought that adaptor is what I needed. My friend knows lots about computers. Me not so much. Blue iris can run many random cameras if needed. Nvr is more brand specific. To run min tower. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074RH938Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1523662574&sr=8-22&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=wireless+keyboard+mouse+combo&dpPl=1&dpID=61fRo270APL&ref=plSrch

I appreciate your interest. Seems info on these subjects is limited . Started with 7 250ft boxes and ran some all around house. With camera wires terminating in a storage room. Kinda made a network. The back of the mini tower has USB and VGA output. Gonna hook mini tower to a main TV. Thought that adaptor is what I needed. My friend knows lots about computers. Me not so much. Blue iris can run many random cameras if needed. Nvr is more brand specific. To run min tower. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074RH938Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1523662574&sr=8-22&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=wireless+keyboard+mouse+combo&dpPl=1&dpID=61fRo270APL&ref=plSrch

Bad choice of install. Bad idea vga to hdmi

So what did you us every 250ft cable connector or Poe switch.

Also wrong about limited to cameras on a nvr ..... but if your tech guy thinks it’s better to pay to use blue iris over the dahua software which is free and gives better apps.

But I would say do more homework because at the moment your just wasting money

Thanks again. O no do not say that. There's a video out that is USB. So I ordered adaptor to hdmi. All my research showed that blue iris is the best. Think its 60 a year. I am open minded though. There are 10 cat 6 wires ran to possible camera spots. I plan on only using 6. Cat wires to all TVs. The switch is a poe .+. So all camera cat6 wires to poe plus switch. Poe switch to router. Router to a main entertainmet area were mini tower can be controlled easy.Thanks again.

Thanks again. O no do not say that. There's a video out that is USB. So I ordered adaptor to hdmi. All my research showed that blue iris is the best. Think its 60 a year. I am open minded though. There are 10 cat 6 wires ran to possible camera spots. I plan on only using 6. Cat wires to all TVs. The switch is a poe .+. So all camera cat6 wires to poe plus switch. Poe switch to router. Router to a main entertainmet area were mini tower can be controlled easy.Thanks again.

Well good luck on your install ...

I think your here for a wind up

USB to hdmi .... and you think your going to get good resolution .

300ft is max you can run a ip camera. You need to add switches

Running cat 6 to every TV .... why? How will you get image onto your TVs

Blu iris the best ....... software that goes with dahua cameras is better a lot better

Thanks I am gonna need it. Seems I will be able to get 1080 resolution. None of the cat 6 run are over 250ft. I have a pie + switch 8 port. All cameras going to switch. Cat6 from poe switch to router. Cat 6 from router to any location that has a TV. So I can put the mini tower where I choose. I ran extra cat6 wires for future locations and possible infrastructure. Pretty sure that's how it works . This is my second built. 1st was with wireless cams about 7 years ago. They stunk. If I have wires going wrong please advise me on correct hook ups. Thanks again for a great site.

If you think you can get 1080p from USB to HDMI then your in dream world.

Just like your posts

Cat 6 wires all over. 1250ft.

Now it's 250ft

Your only talking 4 IP cameras your turning a basic system into a headache and also having to buy a licence

You don't even have a clue your IP cameras come with free software

Why do you have to trash on me and my project? I was very excited to share and learn. I am a newbie. I said I know little about computers. I started with 7 boxes of 250ft each. (My bad math) Google results all say USB to hdmi is 1080. What's another 60 for a license. He already has a g into it. Please stay positive and help. This is a super fun project for us. Thanks again for your interest. Items cat6 7 boxes at $30 per box. Rj45 kit $50. Wd purp 4tb $115. Mini tower with windows 10 $150. 4 dahau cameras from empire Andy $460. Bv poe + switch $80. Keyboard mouse combo $20. USB TO HDMI $10. waiting on 4tb hd and keyboard. Being shipped from Amazon.

Edited by Guest

Why do you have to trash on me and my project? I was very excited to share and learn. I am a newbie. I said I know little about computers. I started with 7 boxes of 250ft each. So ya your right.my bad. I ran more than 1250ft. His house is big. Google results all say USB to hdmi is 1080. Why would Google results all lie. What's another 50 for a license. He already has a g into it. Please stay positive and help. This is a super fun project for us. Thanks again for your interest.

I'm not trashing you ......read your posts

Google don't have a clue about CCTV ....... USB from your PC link will not give you HDMI 1080p. If that was the case why do we need graphics cards

You came on to the forum so expect to get the right reply..... You might not like the reply but that's your problem.

As far as $50 licence ...... It sounds pointless to install 4 dahua cameras that has better software for free ...... And you loose all dahua benifits

Thanks for the clarification. I was not a straight A student. I said I was open minded to the thought of different software. I came here to learn and share. I am not apposed to adding a graffix card. But my computer buddy thought the blue iris would run fine on the factory built in graffix. We will get 2 more cameras. Looking for a fixed lens 15 to 20mm plus now. Please suggest ways to make it better or correct. Huge thanks. Fyi.. I have been into many hobbies and activities. This security camera info is harder to obtain for whatever reason. Noted. He has fiber optic lines for internet. Couple firestick remotes as well as roku. TV s are smart. Thought I saw apps for blue iris that connect to smart phones,as well as firestick and roku. 2 cool.