ChuckP

Followup Pics of House and Business Installs

Hey guys I just wanted to thank you all for your help in the past and the present, especially Rory. I know I always enjoyed seeing what different cameras/systems did before I purchased, so I thought these could help. Here are the specs that I ended up going with:

Pics:

http://www.the-vulture.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12

Ill put up day time pics as soon as I can get shots without people in them.

Home:

GV800

4 Sony SSC-M383 High Res B&W with 4-12mm Auto Iris Lense in 12" Ultrak Weatherproof housings.

I have 2 Extreme CCTV EX26s left to mount

Offices:

Currently 3 offices, soon to be 7 offices

AverMedia MP3000s

B&W Dome Cameras: Cheap KT&C Domes (Work great for their cheap price of $58 )

Color Infrared Cameras: 1 at every front door, SV-Door and Jax-Door use a camera like the Speco DVD-960IR however they are black and have a bad mounting system. SC-Main is a HEAT by Speco DVD-770DN I like these much better and they seem to do their job.

These systems are pretty cheap to build and provide a good amount of security. You can see by my pic we recently had a break-in and he was caught on DV Suggestions are welcome, I was thinking about trying out one of those ExtremeCCTV EX11s however their price makes them seem like they might be overkill for a front door application.

I am still getting use to the Geo. I have got very use to the Aver interface for the remote manager, I like it much more than the Geo. The codec on the Geo is much better than the Aver however I get almost live video even over the internet. The Aver appears to have slightly better quality when in high resolution mode. If I were linking multiple sites to a central command I would go Geo all the way but I don't think I could recommend it over the Aver to a home user. However the Geo software package overall is much better than Aver, mainly on the server side, and the remote client forces your computer into a specific resolution which is annoying.