toolman

What is the best PTZ Camera & DVR

Hello All,

I am looking to install a new CCTV system. I have about 25 - 32 cameras in the main building that I would like to record on to a DVR. I also getting ready to build a third building on the same property which is also going to have about the same number of cameras.

Cameras would be some type of PTZ camera. The DVR I would like to have 480 fps live display as well as recording at 480 fps. Once the new building is built should all cameras from all three buildings be home running back to one point or should I have 3 DVR'S one for each building.

Thanks,

Toolman

1-Always best to run everything back to one central location. You could run cat5 with Active UTP receivers and tx's, will cost much more than splitting them up though, but there will be no interference and video signals up to 3000 feet with twisted pair or 1.5 miles with cat5. If you power them seperate, use multi channel power supplies, 1 in each building. This would allow Pure Crisp Images from each camera, higest quality.

2-Ofcourse, you could split them up, tie into a network, and just use your one PC in your main location to view all of them, so no extra wires run between the buildings. But thats 24/7 on the network, lower quality than direct into the system.

3-Another way, still more costly than a PC based DVR, but this is the traditional CCTV way, would be to use 3 seperate DVRs, link them using a single cable, and have a DVR keypad (not a PC keypad) in your main location, so you can use one CCTV monitor to view each DVR, and still can connect over the network if you connect them to it.

As you can see, there are various ways, depends on how much your budget is also, what kind of image quality you want, and how you want the system designed. For 480pps though you are stuck with a PC based, which does not do #3 of the above, or unless you go with a PC based Enterprise solution.