Sign in to follow this  
joe4

CCTV Petstore Help - Need To Purchase ASAP

I have a friend that owns a pet store and he wants me to hookup a CCTV system so that he can watch the employees from his house and main office.

Can someone please help me with what to use?

I like the geovision card but how good is the i-mode viewer?

What service do you need to get from your cell company?

How good will the web viewer look over at 386 Kb/Up DSL connection on the server?

The location is about 20x40 and he would like to use 2-3 cameras in the front and one in the back area that is 10x10. All color cameras. Both areas are will let with florescent lighting.

The camera budget is around $150-200 per camera. I care more about video quality than the look so domes are not required.

Can someone suggest what geovision to get that would match this camera quality and what server specs to install it in? I was looking at the GV-600-4. Also can I add another GV-600-4 further down the road to the same server?

I also want the option to do the POS overlay. The register uses a DB9 RS232 connection.

WE PLAN ON STARTING THE INSTALL WITHIN A WEEK AND WILL BE PURCHASING ONLINE.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Hi

I cant help with the GEO info but you may want to post that in the computer section also.

As for cameras, Pro cameras, the best, would cost around $200+lens+housing, so I think bullet cameras would probably be the only choice. They have to be weather resistant either way as you say they are going outside.

There are a couple Bullets that I can recommend: (Provideo - www.csi-speco.com)

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/ms/shop.asp?shop=products&cat=97

The color exview bullet camera is probably what you are after, it is high resolution.

Ignore pricing though as that is our local Bahamian prices after import duty etc.

Just some ideas. Do you know where online you will be shopping? Prices vary.

Rory

thats a rebadged camera like COP-USA, etc, cheap stuff.

There is a US based company called Samsung, but it is not genuine Samsung. You are better off with a Provideo Bullet Camera, plus no housing or additional lens required.

Rory,

Thanks for the tip. It seems that they are trying to trick people that do not do the homework.

for real, all the florida distributors sell that brand of Samsung (GVI / Samsung USA) but i have found them to be less then adaquate cameras.

That is a low res camera.

It is not low light so not that good for outdoors. Also, you need to add a housing for outdoors. The $20 ones are basically no good, dust still gets into them over a while, you'd need to spend probably about $50 on a housing.

Otherwise it is a good camera, but like i said, 330TVL is low resolution. Its a bit bulky to have outside your home when used in a housing. But it will give you a wider angle view due to the lens you mentioned. If you have sufficient light then the Lux level is not an issue.

Rory