313-313

connect PTZ to keyboard and DVR

Hi

How do I connect a PTZ camera to a keyboard controller as well as the DVR. The owner wants to PTZ from the DVR(backroom) as well as the keyboard that is by the cashier.

Can I run data cable to the controller as well to the RS232 to RS485 converter at the PC dvr end? I would also need to split the video the DVR and the controller that has a monitor. I guess it would weaken the video signal.

Any suggestion for a better approach?

thanks

Hi

How do I connect a PTZ camera to a keyboard controller as well as the DVR. The owner wants to PTZ from the DVR(backroom) as well as the keyboard that is by the cashier.

Can I run data cable to the controller as well to the RS232 to RS485 converter at the PC dvr end? I would also need to split the video the DVR and the controller that has a monitor. I guess it would weaken the video signal.

Any suggestion for a better approach?

thanks

Can you please give us your equipment list? The make and the model numbers of all your system components will help to give you the right answer.

the easy answer is yes you can - you can run your 22/2 data wires direct to the rj45box where your ptz controller is and then run another set of wires that you put on the same screwdown terminals in the rj45box from the rj45box to your dvr.

if you already have the data wires going directly to your dvr just make a junction point there where one set of wires goes to your dvr and another goes out to your rj45box for ur controller

once you get closer to 5 ptz you need to start looking into data distro units or daisy chaining, etc but for less you'll be fine