DigitalSource

setting up cctv cam for 1000ft distance

Is it possible or what is the best way setting up a 30 cctv camera for a 1000feet distance on some camera`s, is it ok to use an RG6 coax cable wire? or anyone can suggest the best way and also with 1 monitor for the guard house this design use for one of the biggest school here in cagayan de oro city PHILIPPINES thanks

I think he means the camera wire length could be up to 1000'

PS, I'm getting errors back from the message board after every post. Well, almost every post, something about SMTP.

cable lenth distance sir from the camera to the monitor...

That's not to to bad. I think you could get away with using the Coax RG-59 up to around 1,000 and be just fine. Is this going to be direct burial or suspended?

What are your limitations?

I would use RG-6 or CAT-5/6 for that distance. RG-59 is only good for approximately 750'. If using RG type cables, make certain it is good for CCTV use. That means pure copper center conductor and 95%(+) braided copper shield.

I would use RG-6 or CAT-5/6 for that distance. RG-59 is only good for approximately 750'. If using RG type cables, make certain it is good for CCTV use. That means pure copper center conductor and 95%(+) braided copper shield.

You mean some people are still using that aluminum core crap?

*sigh*

Steel core & aluminum braid. I have seen it often.

Me too. Especially RG-6 and above. I can only find solid copper core as special order around here.

DigitalSource, are you going to power the cameras locally or do you have to send power 1000 feet too?

As far as monitoring for the guard house, Does the house have computer network access? Easiest way would be to pick a DVR with good networking features and set up access for the guard house.

Me too. Especially RG-6 and above. I can only find solid copper core as special order around here.

That's all we carry.... what the hell?

If you use cheap cable your going to have to go back to the location, does anyone like making free service calls?

I know I don't.... then again I barely like getting up for work.

GL,

John

That's all we carry.... what the hell?

The difference is that you are a CCTV distributor. You should know the difference and only carry copper/copper RG anything for CCTV use; or at least know what applications require what cables. The typical electronics store doesn't have a clue!

The difference is that you are a CCTV distributor. You should know the difference and only carry copper/copper RG anything for CCTV use; or at least know what applications require what cables. The typical electronics store doesn't have a clue!

Haha this is true!

If it don't say it on the actual documentation they receive then don't expect them to know it.

Thanks,

John