rory

PTZ intermitent video loss

I have a cyberdome that is coming and going, a few times a day, 24VAC, cat5 cable, any ideas on what to check, in line of importance. Its not new, and been doing this for a year now, I just was asked to look at it, they had someone else maintaining the system before, sho never fixed it.

Thanks

Rory

Rory,

Before you send it for repairs, I will suggest to check the power supply. Normally, you must have at least 50VA power supplies for all the ptz domes. 40VA may work if the cable length is less than 50'. Also, make sure to check your cable length and hope it is less than 250'. If so, you either need to provide higher VA rated transformer or take the power plug closer. Altronix provide variable voltage power supplies, that you can adjust the voltage at the source to be higher and because of the cable length (resistance) to provide 24VAC with at last 1A at the dome. The symptom that you describe mostly is caused by not providing enouph voltage and current to the dome. Sending the dome in for repair should be the last step!

Levon

This was almost a year ago, but thanks for replying anyway

Turned out to be coroded wires at the camera power supply as it was not sealed properly by their original installers, we cleaned it up and it worked fine after that, come to think, I never got paid for the service call!!!