rory

Phone Transmitters

Have installed a couple Kalatel RSM-1600's before, pretty cool, but anyone know / had experience with anything else out there in this area, anything new? Ive seen the OZvision one before, but not too much writeups on it on cctv retail sites.

ALNET let's you see them thru JAVA, SYMBA, and Video enabled cell-phones, also from PALM and WINDOWS CE Devices!

Checked out Alnet's website. Very nice. Are you sure about PalmOS, though? I saw mentions of java, symbian and PocketPC, but no mention of PalmOS.

Tungsten has pretty decent video support in the OS, but no other version of Palm does.

Have not seen anything else quite like the Kalatel 1600 before.

Many DVR's allow remote access through the Web, through dial-up connection. Not quite the same thing...

Our product lets you view your video system on a java-enabled cell phone. Also not the same thing, but pretty cool in its own right. http://www.astaskywire.com/products/skywirevideo/secure.asp

Kalatel's DVRs also can be connected to an external US Robotics Modem, for point to point remote phone line connection, but i was asking mainly about just phone line transmitters, not the DVRs.

As for Palm OS, Pocket PC, etc, Kalatel doesnt provide the software for that, BUT, I can make the software myself, if i Had either of them to test with, I have the developers control, which is why i make my own software for them now, for windows ME and XP.

WaveReader is one of the best, professional software versions for DVRs i have seen as yet, but i make my own so I can customize the GUI for the client, and have even more features.

As for Java, i wouldnt want to run that anyway, not secure. Personally I have java turned off on my PC totally, for security reasons. Ive made an active X browser control for the Kalatel DVRs, but once again, security issues for clients. Also, the DVRs now come with browser software built in.

Checked out Alnet's website. Very nice. Are you sure about PalmOS, though? I saw mentions of java, symbian and PocketPC, but no mention of PalmOS.

Tungsten has pretty decent video support in the OS, but no other version of Palm does.

Yes, it's something new.