ky1969

American Dynamics RAS916LS control problems

i have a american dynamics RAS916LS that i bought on ebay last year. It came with nothing but the camera. i recently found the power supply, & also found an RS 485 wireless remote controller for PTZ from a China supplier. The ad says that it's used for controlling RS 485 signal & that it supports full function for pelco-p & pelco-d protocol. After hooking it all up the way i thought , the camera did it's inital power up routine then that was it, i had no control. I looked in the manual but seen nothing saying anything about RS 485 and pelco d. My question is does anyone know what address i should be on? Also do i have to run it through a DVR? I would be greatful for any help, by now i'm sure everyone has figured out that i'm a NEWBEE

You can use any address, but you will need an IO base (ADSDUIOBW), EIM Module, and PTZ Controller (ADTT16E) to control movement. The wireless controller you got from China will most likely NOT work; it is not supported by American Dynamics. If you are extremely resourceful you may find a way to make it work.

The camera should support Pelco-P. The 100x dial for setting the camera address needs to be at 6 for 2400 baud, 0 for 4800 baud, and 7 for 9600 baud. So if you were using Pelco-P at 2400 baud and your camera was addressed as 1, the 100x dial would be 6, the 10x dial would be 0 and the 1x dial would be 1. Make sure your RS-485 wires are going to the proper R+ and R- connectors, not the S+ and S-. The S connectors are for SensorNet.

Try restarting your camera after you set the address dials. During start up, when the detecting network message comes up, send a command to the camera (pan left, for example) until it detects the network type and starts responding to the command. It might take 30 seconds or so.

Hope this helps.

hello sir,

i've got olso the RAS916LS and my DVR the XIN-ED-0416 and i want to connect it direcht to the recorder -.... when i start the cam i see

(( sw-3 2 1))

i connect the RX+/RX from cam to recoder of the RS485.........i olso have RS432 !!!

on the recorder i use the

D-protocol (pleco)

RS485

boutrate 2400

ID 1

on the cam

x100 = 6

x10 = 0

x1 = 1

when the cam start it check the network ,when i pan left i see ((eia422))

still can not controle it ???

any one can help please and is there how to install to know where the exact place of the TX+-and RX+- on the cam

thanks again

on the recorder i use the D-protocol (pleco)
Unfortunately, your camera does not have a Pelco D Protocol.

okey sir which one i 've to choos on my recorder???