kraut

Bosch Divar 2 to iPhone 4

hi,

i am using a bosch divar 2, a fixed ip (dns) and watching the vid'z via internet with web client on a windows pc with internet explorer...

now my question:

how do i access the videos with my iPhone 4, cause obviously there's is no internet explorer on the iPhone...

is threre an app or other software to get access?

thx. a lot 4 your help...

kraut

Any luck getting the Divar to work on your iPhone?

Unfortunately not...

I am sure there are more people out there who have the same problem... I hope one of them has a solution...

I think the problem is to get ActiveX working on the iPhone...

In answer to viewing the Bosch Divar 2 via your iPhone, or any other smart phone app, no this is not possible.

You are correct, Active X is a Microsoft product and is not supported by Apple (these companies share nothing). You need a product that supports RTSP protocols. This is a video streaming application that most smart phones do support. Unfortunately for you, when you purchased the Divar 2 unit, smart phone apps were not available and thus you can not get this product to do what you are after. Bosch has moved along and no longer supports the Divar 2 products, so there is no Firmware or Software upgrades that will give you what you are after.

However, there are alternative solutions out there that allow video streaming on any product. I do not know what it is call but most IP companies should know of it. This product is a loop in/loop out product, therefore you will be looking at your analogue cameras directly over the network and not at the DVR. Alternatively, Bosch and others do now sell a various array of new products capable of achieving your desired outcome. As they say, my '67 Mustang doesn't have power steering...You need to buy, to upgrade.

Hope this helps.....

Thx. very much... I think it has to be a new one then...

Time is moving faster... Thx. again and have a great day...

If you want to use your IPhone chose a different manufacturer than Bosch. To this day they still don't support IPhone with any of their dvr's. Don't you know IPhones are just a fad? Why change the same software platforms you have been using for years just for a passing fad?

Hi, how does it work - looping to an encoder- ? What do I have to buy and how much is it approx.?

Thx. a lot for the link... Quite expensive but at least the first idea for my problem... Thx. again and happy weekend...

If it were me, I'd replace the Analogue DVR. New warranty period, most are relatively inexpensive and far more powerful than the current unit that you have.

Great idea going with the Encoders (especially if you can get them with the micro SD cards for recordings), but can be an expensive process getting to 4 or more cameras.

As far as Bosch DVR's not supporting iPhone Apps, not entirely true.

Great idea going with the Encoders (especially if you can get them with the micro SD cards for recordings), but can be an expensive process getting to 4 or more cameras.

I am using 9 cameras...

hi everybody,

they have released an iphone app called "Bosch DVR"... wich is good, finally... but unfortunately my divar 2 is not supported...

have to check on the looping-business again...

cheers kraut

DVR9E2162

hi everybody,

they have released an iphone app called "Bosch DVR"... wich is good, finally... but unfortunately my divar 2 is not supported...

have to check on the looping-business again...

cheers kraut

DVR9E2162

Hi. you could change your phone to android. there are a few free apps that work i.e ip cam viewer lite

Thx. but this is no option for me...

I found "IP Cam Viewer Pro" in the App-Store...

Will contact developer "NibblesnBits" - Robert Chou...

http://hit-mob.com

Cheers Kraut

Hi

One of possible ways to resolve your problem is:

1) Connect the DVR to computer with Windows operation system

2) Setup a Bosch Control Center software and run

3) Setup a Parallels (or similar) software for remote management from App Store

After, you will receive a stream from your Windows desktop (including video stream from Bosch DVR) to your iPhone.

Hi

One of possible ways to resolve your problem is:

1) Connect the DVR to computer with Windows operation system

2) Setup a Bosch Control Center software and run

3) Setup a Parallels (or similar) software for remote management from App Store

After, you will receive a stream from your Windows desktop (including video stream from Bosch DVR) to your iPhone.

Thx. imya86 for your help. That is exactly what i was doing in the past... I used vnc or teamviewer to connect iphone to windows pc. Unfortunately the windows pc has to run all the time to connect to it. I haven't found any decent wake on lan service so far to get around the problem...

Thx. again

Kraut