blowrabbit

netopia/cayman adsl 33241 router

has anyone had any success with using the aforementioned router for remote viewing on a adsl line 1.5 download / 385 kb upload ? all the lights work and internet access works but so far no gettin on to the site remotely? the site is a store with a ge dsr 2000e. is it possible to have something wired funny in your phone lines preventing remote viewing [uploading] but still you can access the web? [downloading] static ip address also.

the phone line carrier is Mcleod USA. 2 line system with fax, credit card terminal , and monitered alarm system

they are trying to connect a cctv system to be remotely viewed by the owner and the port forwarding and the bridgemode aspects have been adressed i was told.

once they are not trying to use the browser to connect to the DSR, then if port forwarding is enabled for the DSR's internal IP it should work with wavereader.

Also, can they connect local, with the internal IP, and also have them try the static IP.

i will give it a shot tomorrow , thank you rory.

hey i finally got a dvmre -16-640 A installed and the remote view is awesome comparred to the dsr2000e. it does stream live audio / video very nicely even on adsl line.

Yep, plus with the DVMRe you get to access the full admin menu programming of the DVMRe to change camera titles, motion settings, and more.