starlimos

Panasonic WV-C564 RS485 PTZ problem

Hello there.

I hope someone can help me with a RS485 PTZ problem

I have a running system with DVR and PTZ cameras via RS485.

Last week I got 3 used Panasonic WV-C564 cameras and I would like to connect them to RS485, but I can not make it working.

All 3 cameras work with good video signal, 2 make some test moves before they stop, 1 is moving around without stopping.

I made a correct dip-switch set up menu configuration with all cameras.

Unit Number 1

Sub Address -----

Baud 19200

Data Bit 8

Parity Check None

Stop Bit 1

XON/XOFF Not Use

Alarm data ---

Delay Time ---

My DVR configuration for "PTZ-Device":

Channel 1

Protocol: Panasonic

Address 1

Baud 19200

Data Bit 8

Stop Bit 1

Parity Check None

There is another DVR menu, saying "RS 458 Device", this is set to:

Protocol: General

Address 1

Baud 19200

Data Bit 8

Stop Bit 1

Parity Check None

At cameras I switched BP1 to "Termination On" ,

and I switched BP1-4 to ON for half duplex, matching to my DVR

The orange and green wires I connected to RS 458 +

The yellow and red wires I connected to RS 458 -

This should work, or am I wrong?

Or do I need some converter or Panasonic controller?

Thanks for any help

Pete

Not sure how to help you... first off ... do you have the operation/installation manual for the 564's... Tonight I just finished configuring a wv cu864 outdoor pendant cam to a wj hd220 which gives me 8 camera recording and control capabilities across the internet...

Something you outlined was that some of the baud rates 19200 from what I read tonight... is not the correct baud for utc ( up the coax) panasonic control... at least not with any of my Panasonic servers like the nt104 nt204 mp204 the 19200 baud rate seems to be for the rs 458 as you described... I'd try using panasonic compatable equipment to test the cameras with first for their functionality...

Good to see your DVR had a panasonic option for the camera control... maybe with the cameras 485 terminated and the baud rate at 9600,8,none, you can control the camera up the coax... if the DVR is a program.. you can use a mouse to actuate on the screen it may work... it it is a freestanding DVR where you have to actuate buttons to send commands maybe those codes will actuate up the coax... since you have it set at Panasonic...

Keep pushing and watch some of my posts... I am testing 485 commands out the serial port on a tower to some KD6i pendant domes using 232analyzer and Simple Term Gold using pelco D protocol...

Thanks for the hints.

I have switched camera and DVR to 9600, but there is still no connection.

I have no Panasonic equipment, just the 3 cameras and a "no name" DVR with 8 inputs.

Yes I have the camera manual and followed all instructions.

There is no coax control. RS 458 is via 2 wires.

I checked the DVR with a China PTZ dome camera, and it works great, also with internet control.

Would really love to make the Panasonic cameras working.

What else can I do?

I'm going to say... it's the panasonic up the coax protocol that is killing you... been fortunate enough to have lots of panasonic stuff I bought on e bay... for near to nothing... just to have and test with at some future time... which is now... there is a panasonic WJ NT104 on e bay for some time.... that if I did not already have 3 of I would have picked up... it's only 35.00

You need to check the spec sheets that show details of your camera in conjunction with DVR's and multiplexers... the spec sheets show what equipment like controllers you can use as well.

Some times the manual can be outdated and not example other panasonic units compatable.

If the 104 is compatable... it is an internet based unit that you can view 4 cameras through and control them through as well... I'm going to be powering mine up this week to broadcast the perimeter property cams on... right now I have all my cams connected to a WH HD220 which is an 8 camera DVR. My neighbors want to access the frontage cameras to view their properties... If I create a preset routine... everyone gets a good view of the crossroad...

Ok, found the WJ NT104 on ebay. I have never worked with panasonic stuff. I will buy this and see if I can make the setup working.

Thanks a lot.

Hang on before you buy it... it's been there for awhile... lets be sure your cam is listed as a controllable unit for the 104... I'll check my data base for the spec sheets...

looking at the data sheets.... none specifically show the 104 does control that specific camera... the system example is called " PPP Connection System " cams to 104 to modem to computer through port to view 104s menu and control view. Strictly an up the coax and power cable feed to the camera... till you get sophisticated enought to play with alarms and such.

I am still thinking. WJ NT104 is a pretty old system, and I have no video recording.

My DVR is working very good, with large harddrive and all the gimmicks I need and 8 inputs.

I see no chance to make the panasonic cameras working with my DVR.

Don´t know who I can ask for advice.

Thinking about getting rid of the 3 panasonic cameras via ebay, and buying all new china stuff.