lancersdad

Ultrak KD6i pendant dome camera control

I have 2 KD6'S.... one, mounted on on a pole a the front of my property... temporarily,

till I get my CW864 configured to some sort of a multiplexer and controller... the

second sitting on a table next to me here to work on the configuring issues I am having

with both cameras.

I've been working on this long enough... to be able to write the installlation

manuals blindfolded... which is a good thing... cause it never hurts to know this stuff

inside out... and approach a problem from all sorts of avenues...

Cameras are On Line... when powered up... video live on monitors... displays home page menu for 10 seconds... at start up... camera head cycles to what seems a home position each time I power up...

Home page reads...

........ ULTRA DOME HD6i............

........ PROTOCOL ..... STANDARD......

........ 9600 BAUD ... EVEN PARITY ... 8 BITS .....

........ CAM 001 M ................

We're talking cam power and video... fully functional... obviously from the cam

display... dip switches... correctly configured... depending where I go from here...

It seems from the downloads there are a few controllers I can configure as stand alones...

Until those come about, I downloaded the 323ANALYZER... in an attempt to check out the

control functions in Decimal code... since the free version of the analyzer provides a

checksum calculator for hex or decimal coding and I have configured the com port baud

parity and bit rate, I should be able to transmit the code properly out the serial port

using a 323/485 converter....

UPDATE...: spent several days coding commands for both the 232 analyzer program and another

serial port control program called SIMPLE TERM GOLD... using the commands I will attatch

in another thread... the camera responds with a red light when I send the tx to the camera

rx but they only do what seems to be a primary cycle routine... which is zoom in and out,

the tilt functions from bottom center to top and that is it... when I send command

strings... the tilt function cycles from top to bottom (pendant camera facing down )and

back to top with no other function

The KD6i installation/operations manual calls out the above protocol, baud, and parity.

Which I reconfigured all the baud rates and protocols testing for a more reactive

response... to no avail.

So I ordered a HEGS5000, which from the documentation is a stand alone controller for

the KD6 units. I am trying to get in to the command screen to clear any preset protocols

which I have yet been able to accomplish... I should be able to access the camera menu on

the monotor screen after viewing the camera statistic log on the monitor screen...

Struggling here...

Does anyone have any specific experience with the KD6 camera configurations and

functions? Or had this problem with these cameras? I am going to attach the Pelco D

comand strings I am using in the various formats... in the next thread.

thanks for the link... what luck did you have with that KD6? I see you were trying to configure it ... Pelco P protocol... How did that go? Were you able to access the menu function to program some presets if you could get at it? I see that was some time ago...

Lancersdad

Bit of an old thread but I have been able to successfully control Ultrak KD6 cameras with Honeywell hybrid DVRs and older AXIS encoders (240Q) - the older encoders have drivers available for Ultrak but many of the newer ones do not.