Sejjiboy

Bosch camera with a Pelco Controller

I am trying to get a Bosch VEZ-400 Mini PTZ Dome camera working direct with a Pelco KBD300A Keyboard.

I think I have addressed them properly and the protocols are both set to Pelco D/P.

I'm getting nothing, other than a decent image over the Coax =P

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm not familiar with the VEZ-400 but am familiar with other Bosch ptz.

Does the VEZ have separate RS-485 input connections? Other Bosch ptz models will accept Pelco only through their 485 input.

Do you need to enable the RS-485 input through an on-screen menu?

Tried reversing the polarity on the RS-485?

Is there a menu setting to change the baud rate of the RS-485? I think the Pelco protocol is 9600.

I am trying to get a Bosch VEZ-400 Mini PTZ Dome camera working direct with a Pelco KBD300A Keyboard.

I think I have addressed them properly and the protocols are both set to Pelco D/P.

Anyone have any ideas?

Let's see..

The VEZ does have separate RS-485 input connections. Both devices are set for the Pelco protocol over RS-485.

It appears that you can only access the on screen menu if you have a controller connected and working...

Currently I have +/+ and -/- connected, that is how RS-485 works correct? Regardless, reversing polarity doesn't change anything.

The baud rate is set by DIP switches on the VEZ. Both the camera and the controller are set for 9600.

Thanks for the suggestions to check / try. Unfortunately they did not get it working ><

Any other ideas?

Does the VEZ have separate RS-485 input connections? Other Bosch ptz models will accept Pelco only through their 485 input.

Is there a menu setting to change the baud rate of the RS-485? I think the Pelco protocol is 9600.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sorry if these questions are repetitive. I don't think the termination setting is a deal breaking but would make sure it is set to terminate if this is the only camera on your loop. It sounds like you have the output from the Pelco controller connected properly. There is generally a three conductor cable with one being shield. Your only concerned with the other two conductors for connecting to + / - or txd, rxd.

Camera ID? I think setting the ID to zero responds to any ID sent to it.

Do you have a manual to reference?

http://resource.boschsecurity.com/documents/User_Guide___Instruction_Book_enUS_4594948363.pdf

Is this a new camera or used? If used, do you know the RS-485 or even the Bosch bi-phase communication inputs work? These inputs can be damaged from voltage surges caused by lightning.

From past experience trial and error and equipment swapping are sometimes the only way to determine where the problem is. And since you only have one camera and one controller, you have nothing to swap.

Have you seen this? They have a trial download period and maybe you could use it to determine if your camera would respond to Bosch Bi-Phase commands.

http://www.serialporttool.com/PTZ.htm

Good luck and sorry I don't have the answer for you.

Let's see..

The VEZ does have separate RS-485 input connections. Both devices are set for the Pelco protocol over RS-485.

It appears that you can only access the on screen menu if you have a controller connected and working...

Currently I have +/+ and -/- connected, that is how RS-485 works correct? Regardless, reversing polarity doesn't change anything.

The baud rate is set by DIP switches on the VEZ. Both the camera and the controller are set for 9600.

Thanks for the suggestions to check / try. Unfortunately they did not get it working ><

Any other ideas?

Anyone have any ideas?

We have discovered the issue.

Apparently..

By default the Pelco protocols are set to a baud of 9600 when using other Pelco products.

When connecting direct to a different product;

-Pelco P operates on a baud of 4800.

-Pelco D operates on a baud of 2400.

Really? That may very well solve one of my other previous installations here at home.

I was trying to get Blue Iris to control a Bosch G4 PTZ using the Pelco protocol. I'll have to dig out a ptz and give it another try using the different baud rate.

Or at least until Blue Iris supports Bosch bi-phase which I thought the author was working toward.

It seems us Bosch users are not a large enough majority to have applications set up for us.

We have discovered the issue.

Apparently..

By default the Pelco protocols are set to a baud of 9600 when using other Pelco products.

When connecting direct to a different product;

-Pelco P operates on a baud of 4800.

-Pelco D operates on a baud of 2400.