alponching

PVT (Power Video Transmitter)

Hi Good afternoon to all. I saw an advertisement regarding PVT this morning. They said using this device you can transmit both power and video at the same time over a single coaxial cable. I would just want to ask if anybody here have already used PVT (power video transmitter) to transmit video and power over a long distance? for example 300 Meters. Did it work fine? is the video quality good?

I hope someone can help me with this. Thank You very much in advance.

i think the max distance on UTP to carry information is no more than 90m, either POE or non POE

you can check with the supplier

UTP isn't the same as coax and he's not talking digital information. I know nothing about PVT but I'd question reinventing the wheel when shotgun cable works fine for existing cameras? I'm sure it's good technology but probably a little late to the races unless it becomes standard tech.

ohhh, yeah, its coax, i overlooked.

I haven't heard about PVT either. As long as its the DC power passing through same coax, there shouldn't be any problem. except that the drop in voltage should be considered , as 300m is too long for 12V 1 A rating.

Hi Good afternoon to all. I saw an advertisement regarding PVT this morning. They said using this device you can transmit both power and video at the same time over a single coaxial cable. I would just want to ask if anybody here have already used PVT (power video transmitter) to transmit video and power over a long distance? for example 300 Meters. Did it work fine? is the video quality good?

I hope someone can help me with this. Thank You very much in advance.

hi. 300m is not a problem for this type of unit you can get them video/power/audio and data

also you can get them for 4 video over 1 coax .....good for quick adding cameras to an upgrade.

Good Day, you can call me Uty, yes i have quite an experience with PVT Power Video Transmitter.

We installed CCTV for a Tank Farm. yes we had cameras that were well over 200m from the control room. we installed 30 cameras in Tank Farm A and 28 cameras in Tank Farm B.

At first we used individual power but the transmission was not clear. The monitor had white lines all over the screen.

We got introduced to PVT. The PVT comes in 16 channels each so we ended up using 4 units of PVT.

it worked like magic. Video and Power in one cable for over long distances for that load of cameras.

The clarity in the transmission was superb.

The PVT uses a PVT BALUN which is attached to each camera. I consider this a consumable because from time to time these BALUNs get spoil or burnt out. I can also say that with steady power supply you will have great success with the PVT for long distance installation that has to use cabling.

Good Day, you can call me Uty, yes i have quite an experience with PVT Power Video Transmitter.

We installed CCTV for a Tank Farm. yes we had cameras that were well over 200m from the control room. we installed 30 cameras in Tank Farm A and 28 cameras in Tank Farm B.

At first we used individual power but the transmission was not clear. The monitor had white lines all over the screen.

We got introduced to PVT. The PVT comes in 16 channels each so we ended up using 4 units of PVT.

it worked like magic. Video and Power in one cable for over long distances for that load of cameras.

The clarity in the transmission was superb.

The PVT uses a PVT BALUN which is attached to each camera. I consider this a consumable because from time to time these BALUNs get spoil or burnt out. I can also say that with steady power supply you will have great success with the PVT for long distance installation that has to use cabling.

Why does all above contradict your PM to me

Please keep you discussion on forum and not message me

But I can guess we’re this is going

Im surprised you understood my message to you wrong.

you can kindly post it here for others to read.

my supplier for PVT hasnt been able to deliver lately, his excuse was that CHINA was on break. Now that he break is over he isnt saying anything positive. i came to this forum to look for solution.

as i stated earier, i have used PVT and the result is very good. the only issue we encountered was the BALUN getting burnt once in a while. i attribute this to the volatility of the site and the poor power supply we experience at the site.

i dont see where i have contradicted myself.

please like i said earlier you can post my message to you for all to see and read.

im here to look for solutions and nothing else please!!

Best Regards.