mario

CCTV wireless transmitter - maybe even 2 channel?

Guys, I searched and searched but couldn't find anything relative so here it goes:

I have a client that has a gate .5miles from main building.

He has some cheap crap for transmitter that only lasted 2 seasons but it was only few hundred bucks.

There is no fricken way to trench from gate to building.

I know I could go the route of IP and do a bridge, but he's set on using his current analog CCTV setup, for both cameras and DVR.

What have you used that worked well for you for 1/2 miles more or less line of sight, where the only obstacles may be few tree tops.

I would rather use one device that can do 2 cameras, than two separate ones, but if that's not an option then so be it.

Range or interference should not be an issue as he was able to use some few hundred dollar crap that worked until it didn't.

He suspects that it failed due to weather.

I didn't install the original equipment, and have already asked the client to give me model number for the current unit. As soon as I know what he has, I'll update this post.

TIA

Mario

Hi Mario,

We've had nothing but problems over the years with analog senders, I don't have one I'd even recommend. We use high-power WiFi now and use an IP encoder box fed from the analog camera. I'm fond of the Geovision unit for one, two, or four channels of analog to IP encoding. We've got the Ubiquiti Rocket M2 radios in a lot of pretty tough spots and they work great, especially with some antenna gain behind them.

Hi Mario,

We've had nothing but problems over the years with analog senders, I don't have one I'd even recommend. We use high-power WiFi now and use an IP encoder box fed from the analog camera. I'm fond of the Geovision unit for one, two, or four channels of analog to IP encoding. We've got the Ubiquiti Rocket M2 radios in a lot of pretty tough spots and they work great, especially with some antenna gain behind them.

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of.

We've got the Ubiquiti Rocket M2 radios in a lot of pretty tough spots and they work great, especially with some antenna gain behind them.

I am actually posting via Ubiquiti RocketM, with a 25" dish on a pole by our pump station, with almost 300' of gel filled CAT5e to the modem. It is impressive. If I chose to pay the price, I could have 25 mbps download speeds. It's doing the 5 Gig link to a mountain over 10 miles away.

My Swann is scheduled for July 2 delivery and I am eager to tackle whatever remote access issues await.