ab2reza1360

Video tranmission over sea!!

Hey bodies,

I installed a camera on a search and rescue(SAR) boat and now my boss want to see live video from the boat in his office!

how is it possible??!!!!

sometimes the SAR boat can go far away from my boss office around 80Km and there is no mobile network all over this area.

I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Aboo

Hey bodies,

I installed a camera on a search and rescue(SAR) boat and now my boss want to see live video from the boat in his office!

how is it possible??!!!!

sometimes the SAR boat can go far away from my boss office around 80Km and there is no mobile network all over this area.

I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Aboo

Only by VSAT.

80km is beyond the curve of the earth so radio would be 'difficult'

Ilkie

Be prepared to pay dearly for any type of SAT link with a good enough speed to handle this video transmission at any FPS to give you a good quality video, and it is usually charged by the MB.

at ilk : much appreciate but if the distance decrease how is it possible by radio?!!

and SectorSecurity:Thank you very much:)

Realistically, you are only looking at under 10 kilometers, at most. You will be limited by the need to use a low gain omnidirectional antenna on the ship due to it's motion, and a moderate gain antenna at the land side to provide a wide enough beamwidth to cover the ship's path.

There are also odd diffraction effects due to the radio signal bouncing off the water and wave surfaces.