OK, I've decided for the cost to replace my wireless video transmitter/receiver (earlier post) for coax cable - RG59, white, BNC.

It's been difficult to buy a small quantity - 60 feet, especially the non-siamese type, white. I have found two possibles so far from Newegg:

(1) TygerWire 100-Ft RG59 Coaxial Cable with 60% Braid(White)

(2) TygerWire 100-Ft RG59 Coaxial Cable with 90% Braid (White)

No experience with "TigerWire" and could not find a link on Google, but I think it's just from Tiger Direct Stores. From research I have done the RG59 seems my best choice. I don't know the difference between the % braid though?? I also see some cheap wire has copper coated steel core, not solid wire.

I also would like the run the wire to a box and wall plate with a similar connection as you find with the "F" connector types. I can then run a short BNC connector wire to the DVR.

Input appreciated.

Dont add un-needed connections trying to go from BNC to F connector and back, just more points of failure. Also tygerwire is not from Tiger Direct, it is from a different supplier, forget who, will look them up tomorrow when I get back in the office. Haven't used them.

The braid helps provide shielding, and go with copper core not CCA.

http://tygerwire.com/

Tyger Wire is from Home Vision Tech, looks like they just bring in stuff from china branded as their own mostly.

If you want smaller amounts go with RG6 much easier to find and available in many places from 10-100FT, you can always just cut off the pre-attached ends and add your own.

Depending on where you are I have a whole box of RG6 I would be willing to sell you by the foot.

Thanks SectorSecurity for the reply.

Being Canadian and getting back to Toronto Ontario about once per year from NC is still not going to be convenient for me - but thanks for the offer of RG6.

RG6 is not a problem for me to get here in small amounts, but searching this forum it appears for my 60 foot requirement and best transmission of signal, RG59 would be better/best??? I also understand that trying to get the BNC connectors on the RG6 is a pain. I don't have crimp tool so would need to use twist on. I'm still waiting for reply from C2C which used to be Cables-to-Go.

Would appreaciate input on RG6 for best signal over RG59.

Thanks

I have heard RG59 is better suited to the lower frequencies, but I Doubt there would be any noticable different between RG59 and RG6, never had a problem crimping onto RG6 as long as the cable is preped right.

Have you considered just using CAT5e or alarm wire with baluns? Easy to terminate and available in many lengths, or you can just buy patch cables and use baluns that accept the RJ45 plug.

No I haven't considered baluns and Cat5. I know about baluns from reading but not looked into how to connect to BNC. Yes, Cat5 is available easily at my local Lowes. I will look to learn more.

Do you know of transmission differences between Cat5 and RG6?

Been looking at Cat5. Are you saying buy Cat5 and only use two of the wires with balun connector?

You can use 2 of 8 wires, 1 for positive 1 for negative, or go with 4 for positive 4 for negative, totally up to you.

I would not suggest getting CAT5e from lowes, or home depot they are usually way over priced, I would say check out newegg or tiger direct.

You could also use alarm wire which is 22/4 so its 22AWG and has 4 conductors, you can use 2 for video (1 positive, 1 negative) and use the other 2 for power, or use 2 and 2 for video and run 2 cables and do 2 and 2 for power, if your running 1 cable just as easy to run 2.

As far as transmission differences I haven't seen any, although there are some people here who swear CAT5e was never made for transmission of video and should never be used.

I ordered 75' pre-made BNC coax RG59u from "My Cable Mart". Also was able to order wall plate and double connection adapter so that I can terminate the 75' in the wall and run a 6' lead to my DVR. Thanks for the input.

I'll post in the other thread about improvement in hard wire quality over 2.4GHz wireless when hooked up.