tenbrink

Problems with PTZ and no brand camera

Hello All,

I'v have gotten a CCTV camera with PTZ functions on it and i am using it with a LS8204H DVR. THe only problem is that i can get the PTZ functions to work. The camera has 10 DIP switches. But the problem is that i can't find a manual for it. The CCTV dome is white with no brand or type on it. Does somebody know what the correct PTZ settings are?

tenbrink

You can try turning the first of the DIP switches (from left to right on your left) to "on" (up). make sure remaining switches are off (down). DIP setting are sometimes different, especially in no name brand PTZ's. See if their is another board to set baud rate and protocols. Sometimes the problem can also be in setting camera ID and protocols within the DVR.

You can try turning the first of the DIP switches (from left to right on your left) to "on" (up). make sure remaining switches are off (down). DIP setting are sometimes different, especially in no name brand PTZ's. See if their is another board to set baud rate and protocols. Sometimes the problem can also be in setting camera ID and protocols within the DVR.

Thanks for you reply

I can adjust the settings in the DVR. I can choose baudrate and protocol etc.

But i am not shure which settings i need to use. the camera has one row of 10 DIP switches. There are no other switches...

I would try Pelco D or P and a baud rate of 2400/9600. What you set on the DVR (along with camera ID) must match the camera's protocols. By leaving the DIP switch in the on position, it "usually" gives the camera an ID of 01. However, not knowing the brand or protocols your kind of shooting in the dark.

Do you have a wire going from the A/B connections on the ptz to the rs485 hookup on the back of the dvr? Nothing will respond without that- you'll only have picture. If you have that hooked up, before you change any dip switches try reversing the wires at the back of the dvr's 485 hookup. They need to match how you have it at the camera side. There won't be any harm done if they are backwards. You need to make sure that wire is properly in place first. Then make sure the camera is hooked up to channel 1 in your dvr. I say that because new ptz's are usually set to channel 1 by default, and it will save you having to mess around addressing the camera with the dip switches. Hopefully you have not moved them around yet. Then, reboot the ptz and watch the monitor with pen and paper in hand because when it starts up it will tell you on screen if it's set to pelco D or P, and the baud rate. Write all that info down and on channel 1 in the dvr under ptz settings, match the camera settings you wrote down. Hit save or apply in the dvr and then go to channel 1 and try and move the camera. If nothing happens, try and reverse the 485 wire in the back of the dvr just to make sure. And make sure it's push into those hookups well and the wires aren't touching. See what happens then.

If nothing, take a close up, clear snap shot of the dip switches on the camera and post it here. Then we can see what address you may have dialed in.

Do you have a wire going from the A/B connections on the ptz to the rs485 hookup on the back of the dvr? Nothing will respond without that- you'll only have picture. If you have that hooked up, before you change any dip switches try reversing the wires at the back of the dvr's 485 hookup. They need to match how you have it at the camera side. There won't be any harm done if they are backwards. You need to make sure that wire is properly in place first. Then make sure the camera is hooked up to channel 1 in your dvr. I say that because new ptz's are usually set to channel 1 by default, and it will save you having to mess around addressing the camera with the dip switches. Hopefully you have not moved them around yet. Then, reboot the ptz and watch the monitor with pen and paper in hand because when it starts up it will tell you on screen if it's set to pelco D or P, and the baud rate. Write all that info down and on channel 1 in the dvr under ptz settings, match the camera settings you wrote down. Hit save or apply in the dvr and then go to channel 1 and try and move the camera. If nothing happens, try and reverse the 485 wire in the back of the dvr just to make sure. And make sure it's push into those hookups well and the wires aren't touching. See what happens then.

If nothing, take a close up, clear snap shot of the dip switches on the camera and post it here. Then we can see what address you may have dialed in.

I tried what you said. But still no joy. I reversed the PTZ cables that are connected on the RS484 outlet on the PVR. The problem is that the camera doesn't display the baudrate and protocol when starting. It just gives a videofeed. I've included some pictures. Maybe that clears some things.

DIP1.jpg.51846ee328ba888986aa940bf2248f79.jpg