hazim

IR Extender over UTP?

Dear.

I'll install a DVR in an office, where there is a screen and the DVR will be connected to. There is another screen about 150m far from the DVR, it is to be connected to the DVR too, and be able to control the DVR from that place. I'll use CAT-6E (with baluns) to transmit the video signal, and I'll put a video splitter to connect the DVR with both screens.

The problem now is how to control with the remote control from the other place (150m far). I prefer to use the same CAT-6 that I'll use only two lines from 8 lines of it. Do I need to use balun?! I may make a circuit on a PCB that does what I need, but not sure if it works, it's hard for me to try as this place is far from my living and work area.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Hazim

Dear.

I'll install a DVR in an office, where there is a screen and the DVR will be connected to. There is another screen about 150m far from the DVR, it is to be connected to the DVR too, and be able to control the DVR from that place. I'll use CAT-6E (with baluns) to transmit the video signal, and I'll put a video splitter to connect the DVR with both screens.

The problem now is how to control with the remote control from the other place (150m far). I prefer to use the same CAT-6 that I'll use only two lines from 8 lines of it. Do I need to use balun?! I may make a circuit on a PCB that does what I need, but not sure if it works, it's hard for me to try as this place is far from my living and work area.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Hazim

You can use RJ45 VGA KVM but instead of remote control, you have to use mouse. They come in 100 & 300m range. You will need to make use of all the 4 pairs but Cat5e will do. BTW, you won't need a splitter at the DVR side because the unit have VGA In & Out.