Cade

Static & Line Bars

Hi

I am redoing security cameras in a business we just took over and they currently have two Samsung SPD-2200N PTZ out side that are hooked up by cat5e.

The video is not clear and there is a lot of interference. It also gets worse when I turn on the Samsung Jostick to control the cameras.

The cameras seem to have a lot of static and interference, and when I turn on the joystick the static increases.

Any suggestion on what could be causing this problem. I don't believe this has always been like this, the cameras are about 6 years old.

Do you think it's a power issues, they are both long runs, and have 24V DC power Supply. Video connected is Cat5e to a BNC patch, than BNC to the recorder.

Any help on what to check to get a sharper, clear photo would be most thankful!

IMG_0479.thumb.jpg.2dc85cc0019c9cd7e9d2deeaeeebb52b.jpg

Hi

I am redoing security cameras in a business we just took over and they currently have two Samsung SPD-2200N PTZ out side that are hooked up by cat5e.

The video is not clear and there is a lot of interference. It also gets worse when I turn on the Samsung Jostick to control the cameras.

The cameras seem to have a lot of static and interference, and when I turn on the joystick the static increases.

Any suggestion on what could be causing this problem. I don't believe this has always been like this, the cameras are about 6 years old.

Do you think it's a power issues, they are both long runs, and have 24V DC power Supply. Video connected is Cat5e to a BNC patch, than BNC to the recorder.

Any help on what to check to get a sharper, clear photo would be most thankful!

Cat5 thats your problem

I will never use it always use rg59

even if cat5 is cheaper dont mean it's made for cameras and analogue stuff

only ip cameras on cat5 rg59 is more expensive but better quality and longer runs

have you tried hooking a test monitor up to the camera directly

Try swapping the power supply should be 24v AC not dc

Power supply's usually fail by outputting more and more noise on the output until they die

Is the power going through the cat5?

cat5 is not a problem with PTZ your problem is how its connected.

Video connected is Cat5e to a BNC patch, than BNC to the recorder.

that's your first problem ........ you either connect direct to both camera in cat5 OR rg59 but not both

other is you mention nothing about baluns......... need good baluns for cat5 to work

other is power ???? is it up the same cat5 ???

usually its 1 pair for video 1 pair for data and 2 pair for + and other for -. so if camera runs are long amps could also be your problem

can you get local power to cameras ?????? do each camera have own 24v supply ???

your best option with the faults you could have is rewire

I guess thats true but i have had so many problems with cat5 i have had interference, wires snapping & baluns breaking

In the long run it's cheaper to wire rg59 compared to buying cat5 and bulky baluns also looks better for box cameras on walls and ceilings no hanging baluns

My opinion though

I guess thats true but i have had so many problems with cat5 i have had interference, wires snapping & baluns breaking

In the long run it's cheaper to wire rg59 compared to buying cat5 and bulky baluns also looks better for box cameras on walls and ceilings no hanging baluns

My opinion though

that can also be said for rg59 .......(you cant run rg59 the distance of cat5)

cat5 wire snaps is classic for cheap wrong size

broken baluns I have not seen so again you get what you pay for

You didn't say what footage (distance) you had between the DVR and camera's, but unless you are running very long distances, I would also use RG59 instead of cat5. Separating the PTZ control lines from the video line is better (in my opinion). I have installed CCTV systems in city parks and use Siamese RG59/18-2 with messenter for video and power and a separate cable with messenger for PTZ control. Absolutely no issues with noise, bars, etc. Really dont' know about the multiple cable to BNC adaption, but that could cause ground loop type problems. Not saying that that is your issue, but,,,,,

You can repalec the video balun with twired pair ground loop isolator, its can improve the pic, also dobule up the pairs for video, use 2 pairs for video and 2 for power