Sparr

Need help setting up a CCTV Joystick Controller

Hello,

I purchased a CCTV joystick controller recently on ebay and the manual was written by Chinese which is virtually impossible to understand. I contacted them and they are are equally impossible to understand. I am using a stand alone DVR with four 24V PTZ cameras. The DVR is currently set up and all cameras are working fine per the DVR. I would just like to get the joystick controller to work the cameras as it's much easier than using a mouse. There are several people selling this same joystick controllers on Amazon and ebay. Have any of you guys seen these or had the pleasure of setting one up? If so, I could really use your help. Thanks in advance, Chris

http://www.amazon.com/Joystick-Keyboard-Controller-Display-Control/dp/B00GLOF108

I'm not sure how to get the image to show yet here is a link to the image of the joystick controller.

Ahhh Uncle Woo's PTZ Controller/

1. Set Baud to 2400

2. Connect 18/2 + &-

3. Power up PTZ. Watch during bootup for baud and address ID & protocol. Does it match? By default PTZ controller are Pelco-D protocol & 2400 baud.

4. Enter 1 Cam or Cam +1 on eyboard till display shows the 1 camera

5. Can you control it?

Hello and thanks for the response! I am getting ready to attempt to work on the PTZ controller again. The directions are absolutely horrible!! How would I switch the controller to work other cameras? I found the setup where I set the protocol and baud rate, just don't understand how to get the controller to control the cameras. Your help is very much appreciated:)

Hello again Varascope,

Your advise worked like a dream! Amazing how they couldn't put that in the manual... As soon as I hit cam # and cam, the controller immediately responded. Now, how do I set up the controller to sweep? I'm sure it's simple too, yet I tried a few things and no luck. Your help is really appreciated, Chris