twistertime

Pelco 4716 HVR and AD PTZ Camera Integration

Hello and I am glad I have found this forum.

Just bought a Pelco 4716 HVR and I am trying to integrate several American Dynamics Optima LT ptz cameras. The HVR says it accepts RS-422 and the camera says it supports RS-422 simplex. Tried hooking it up with 1 twisted pair and I have no PTZ control because the network is not recognized.Tried all protocals and baud settings. Network address on camera and the HVR were set at 1. Is it possible to make this work or will I need to have a remote controller that supports AD.

I have included a Jpeg to show the info I am working with.

Thanks for all your help.

Tony

423717205_PelcotoAD.thumb.jpg.d99041c23a37c5a61c436e4a1fdcbbe7.jpg

AD is noted for being "cagey". Their claim that they support "RS-422" protocol is like a TV manufacturer saying their TV supports RG59 signals. There is no such thing as RS-422 protocol - it is a signal transmission spec, not a control protocol spec. And, of course, the Pelco HVR doesn't support AD control protocols.

If you really want to keep both pieces of equipment, you could try contacting Sennetech http://www.sennetech.net. They make protocol translators (code convertors) and are also a wealth of information on the subject.