Sign in to follow this  
ricardasr25

how to change IP camera ip address

Hi guys,

i struggling to change my ip camera ip address.

First of all my camera is conected to the rouer (virgin Super Hub) with wire but my both pcs are connected wireless.

The camera is 1.3mp 720p hd ip model:GT-DBH22IPOE

Camera IP is 192.168.1.18

My network is: ip 192.168.0.8

subnet mask 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.0.1

Changes i am trying to do to my camera through the software:

IP 192.168.0.210

subnet mask 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.0.1

As you can see that the camera is out of my ip range, i was trying to change ip setting with the crappy software wich i received in the box, but when i trying to change the camera IP address it says: "Row 1 of the device IP address, subnet mask, and gateway not matched"!

Already three days i'm trying to figure it out what is wrong, Please HELP.

The problem could certainly be related to the "crappy software" and if that's the case, just contact your supplier and ask them what the deal is.

Have you tried pinging the IP address your attempting to change the camera to. Most IP config software isn't smart enough to tell you whether or not you're creating a conflict. Often times, it will just give you the generic "failed" message.

If you want to bypass all of this, just set a new static IP for your network to match what the cameras are already set to (192.168.1.1). You'll just want to make sure you're not creating any IP conflicts in the process.

Hi Don Stephens,

thanks for your quick reply, i was trying to ping this IP 192.168.1.18 and it didn't detect anything it show "time out".

I'm new to all this maybe you can explain me how to set up the new static IP?

Thanks in advance

You won't be able to ping it because it's not on your network yet. If you can't use the configuration software to change the IP address to match your current network settings, then you'll need to change your network settings to accommodate the camera.

This is done in your router/modem. Every device is different so you'll have to find the area in there where you can assign a new static IP to your router/modem.

Right now it's set to 192.168.0.1. Make the change to 192.168.1.1 and if your IP camera connected to your network properly, you should be able to ping it once the change is made.

i just tried to change the DHCP but after changing it i completely lost internet connection, maybe i'm doing something wrong?

Thanks for your time and help

hook your laptop and camera to the same switch set your laptop/desktop ip address to the same scheme as the camera. if you can log in then change to the settings you want for your network.

when you reboot it should have the correct IP make sure you change your laptop/desktop IP address back to dhcp or whatever it was before.

Main point here is isolate both the pc and camera from the rest of the network.

i just tried to change the DHCP but after changing it i completely lost internet connection, maybe i'm doing something wrong?

Thanks for your time and help

Yah, you can expext this when you change the static IP on the router. Normally, disabling and then enabling your LAN (if you're hardwired) is enough to assign the new change to your computers. If not, just set the DHCP up on each computer.