Sign in to follow this  
fullpwr

Philips LTC0828/26 PTZ protocol/connection

Just picked up a surplus Philips LTC0828/26 Autodome G3 camera.I can't seem to find proper documentation on setting the dips and rs485 communication.Everything I find is for newer (Bosch) Domes that have a 4 switch setup while mine has 8.If anyone can tell me the dip settings or if I need a RS232 to 485 converter or what I need to get the ptz going on this thing it would be great.If its any help the bootscreen says "Philips Autodome G3" "2002"

CAM00445j.thumb.jpg.d099aba79ef812142f70654136efb37d.jpg

okay found my issue and will post in case someone else needs info.The older Bosch/Philips Autodomes run on a "Bi-Phase" connection so you either need a Bi-Phase to (your protocol) converter around $300 or luck out like I did and find an actual Bosch keyboard and Bi-Phase translator (I acquired both for $125) though my Dvr will not control the camera I at least have separate controls.These cameras are popping up on Ebay extremely cheap but if you buy a couple like I did make sure you know what you are getting into with additional equipment investments!