Sign in to follow this  
jjcool777

problem connecting to ip camera via brouser.

ive tryed connecting to my panasonic nw964 ptz in brouser by putting the cams ip address however it brings up "A username and password are being requested by http://162.***.***.** . "The site says: "security dir"

ive tryed entering the cameras correct user and pass and also tryed my routers user and pass, and also tryed panasonics default user/pass - admin / 12345

all 3 still bring up "A username and password are being requested by http://162.***.***.** . "The site says: "security dir"

anyone any ideas?

Either your username/pass are being entered wrong -- type them in notepad to check your keyboard isn't doing something weird. (sanity check)

OR

You have the wrong one. You think it's "TeddyB3ar" but it's actually "QWE3!$14#_~"

OR

Your camera is broken.

2 is most likely.

If the camera has a reset button, use it (check the manual) then try the default password.

Try to open in internet explorer, and check the compatibility view setting first , must be on "display all websites in compatibility view", hope this will work

tryed all them guys still says user pass is wrong?

strange as i have logged into the camera on a panasonic app on my ipad with the user / pass i got for camera and all works as i get a picture etc on the ptz.

i just cant log in with brouser to get to main camera settings.

the camera model is WV-NW964 i dont think theres a reset on the camera to set to default settings unless theres one inside ptz. had a quick look in manual and it dont mention one. i might be wrong.

i would think theres got to be a way to reset ptz to default?

ok just update . i tryed connecting to camera on my ipad to the ip address of my camera and used a random user and password to the one i had and it still connects up to the ptz with picture. im sure how it still connects directly with any random user/ password?

so maybe it might indeed be wrong user and pass for camera. im sure.

so im just wondering if theres a re-set switch inside or a way to re-set this ptz back to factory defaults.

hope someone on here can help.