Sign in to follow this  
JCNeves

HIKVISION SDK problem

I have a HIKVISION PTZ Camera (the model is DS 2DF5286) and I would like to control camera movements using a c++ application.

For that purpose, I have used the HIKVISION SDK available in this address http://www.hikvision.com/en/download_more.asp?id=1266 .

The description of the SDK clearly says that it supports several functions (including the one I want):

· 1. Live view, playback, remote file download, PTZ control, arm/disarm, voice talk, log query, decoding card function, etc By using this code I was able to read the stream and capture a shot (the GetStream and CapPicture functions), however I could not find a way to control the PTZ since some functions have been commented, such as PTZ control, in the main.cpp file.

As such, I would like to ask if you know what I am missing or if there is another way to control a PTZ camera using a c++ application.

For PTZ control, your DVR board must provide GPIO pins to connect to your camera. As to protocol, you can use RS485.

Thank you for your answer, but my problem is not the connection. I have configured the IP of the camera to access it in a local network.

My question is which c++ code should I use to send PTZ commands through the network so that I can move the camera.

Thank you in advance

My question is which c++ code should I use to send PTZ commands through the network so that I can move the camera.

I am not in a position to answer. You better contact Hikvision or its SDK provider for proper APIs.