jc_pacc

IndigoVision 8000 transmitter/receiver association

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help.

We have 6 Pelco CCTV cameras (circa 2007). Each camera has an IndigoVision 8000 device set as a transmitter, and there are 6 of the same device set as receivers at the main base where the DVR is located. Each camera has a wireless antenna which sends the video back to the main base. All IndigoVision devices are on the same network subnet.

I wish to change the IP addresses of all the IndigoVision devices. I can easily do this via the web interface but what I cannot do easily is associate a transmitter with a receiver.

I have telnet access to each device. I did find a file on the IndigoVision 8000's (/reg/AuxChan1) which appears to hold the information that associates a transmitter with a receiver which can be manually edited, but I assume there is an easier way. I haven't yet tested whether manually changing it works, that is something I'll try later this week when I get a chance.

We do not have IndigoVision's Control Centre software.

thanks

jc

You access the receiver via web browser and point it to the IP address of the Transmitter that you want to decode. Effectively creating a point to point link.

Hi jazzar, my post may have not made it clear but there was no where in the browser interface to associate a receiver with a transmitter.

However I managed to get in contact with someone at IndigoVision who gave me updated firmware which added the option to the web interface. I have now successfully changed all the IP addresses.