Sign in to follow this  
garethnboyd

Distortion at top of camera image

I have an A-HD system with 10 cameras installed. Distance from DVR is less than 300ft on the longest camera. Video is good, but I am experiencing a slight distortion/wobble at the top of a few camera images. Doesn't look like a ground loop problem(but I could be wrong). My only theory is that the cable is possibly getting some interference from a power cable that it may be in contact in the attic. Any ideas?

"A-HD" could be the "AHD" camera and chipset from "Nextchip" in Korea. As the camera signal carrying very high frequency, it can be distorted when transmitted over a long distance cable. The decoder at the receiving side experiences difficulties to lock into the sync (frame start/ line start) of video video frames. That appears as smearing /shaking at the top of video frame. The quality of cable palys very important for using such types of new tech, as AHD, HD-TVI, HD-CVI, HD-SDIs. Please check at Nextchip.com for assistance.

That certainly seems to be what I am experiencing. Are there any readily known solutions to this issue? I checked the nextchip.com site, and the only option I see is to contact Korea about it.

Those who are promoting HD-CVI, HD-TVI, and AHD claim so called "long distance performance". But that may not be true. My guess it could be on the good quality cable. If you contact to Nextchip.com, they can provide more information, including its cable spec and guide for install.