prodatum

Axis M7016 PTZ control issue.

Hi everyone,

I am currently installing Axis M7016 encoders in place of some ancient gear. I have run into an issue where I have 7 PTZ cameras (AD format RS422 (Axis Sensormatic driver) with the control cable daisy chained between each camera. The Axis 16 channel encoder is really 4 X 4 channel encoders in 1 case with a PTZ control output for each of the 4 groups. So to get the 7 PTZ cameras to work, I tried connecting 2 of the RS 422 outputs in parallel. With the 2 groups connected together I loose control of some cameras (I have different brands and models on the daisy chain - all AD format.) I have tested them all individually and all work ok up to the point of connecting the daisy chain into the 2nd encoder output.

Splitting the daisy chain into 2 groups would solve the issue, but running the additional cable would be extremely expensive.

Does anyone know any settings to get around this issue?

Can I somehow isolate the encoder outputs so they don't interfere with each other?

Any advise or ideas would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Peter

Do these cameras have addresses like when you link up multiple analog PTZs usually set by dip switches in the analog world could be that there are duplicate addresses that work fine on separate runs but cause problems when things are connected together.