centurian

Pan & Tilt on the cheap

After several incidents in my road I bought a Swann CCTV unit with 2 cameras (I can add 2 more if I want to). I have one in the front porch looking out over the front garden, front gate and my front door. As I'm in a corner bungalow I have a back garden as well as a side garden which makes it more difficult to monitor 24/7. So I stuck the second camera on a pole which faces the back fence only.

I don't want to fork out for a stand alone Pan & Tilt camera out of my pension, for one thing I can't afford it and I'm not sure you can buy one that will work with my system. I would rather get a bracket and a couple of cogs along with a couple of small motors to drive them and set up my own Pan & Tilt on the pole so I can monitor the whole of the back and side of the property.

Has anyone done any thing like this, if they have can they please let me know what kind of kit they used and where they got it from.

Thanks a lot.

Michael.

Centurian.

Dont waste your time with pan tilt unless you plan on sitting there and motioning the area 24/7, otherwise simply add another fixed camera.

Yes, I suppose that's the only thing to do, perhaps two cameras in opposite directions on a corner position. So you can see the back garden and the side at the same time.

Thanks.

they make a pan and tilt base for the older style outdoor enclosures but you would still need a controller. You would get better coverage putting up additional cameras and it would probably be cheaper also.