Racermama

viewing from remote devices

Love my camera, but the remote viewing stalls at times. Worked for 2 weeks, then just works for 10 seconds and stalls on I-pad and smart phone. I can see there is recording by the blue lines, but it is just a still shot when it comes up. Worked Monday night and started this on Tuesday. This is the 3rd time this has happened. Security company is saying its upload speed, but nothing has changed. Any suggestions? I am 200 miles away from camera and NVR

Also when viewing from remote device the clock on the viewing page stops. Anyone else have this problem?

Hi. I would also say the same as your security company.

Plus also with you saying clock stops on remote viewing ..... Clock is from recorder so that also points to your internet

Is it working with a mobile connection? If so, you might have used all your available data for may. Maybe tomorrow with the new month the speed is good again.

I have an unlimited data plan, so doubt that would be as issue. It also says abnormal playback and playback timed out. Sometimes when starting connection failed. I just don't uNderstand how it can work then quit. I appreciate all replies. Thank you

Anyone out there know why when you bring up playback that it would say abnormal remote viewing?

What is your upload speed, and what is the bitrate on the video feed you are trying to watch? That is probably the answer to your problem.

Update on first post. It works fine from the house. Just having issues from viewing on remote devices. Thoughts?

lower your video settings, lower your bitrate the dvr should suggest the proper bitrate. Can you tell us the current video settings? dvrs can have many different video settings; live view, remote view, recording.

remember when it comes to internet; time of day, appliance being on, people connected to the home network can all interrupt your remote viewing experience.

What I did was get a separate router. The one I had was a modem/router from centurylink. Once I got a separate router everything seems to be working fine.

Have been enjoying my camera and views. On Friday I was watching camera in afternoon. In the evening I went to look at activity and it said not registered in ddns. I had not done anything to get this message help please

Have been enjoying my camera and views. On Friday I was watching camera in afternoon. In the evening I went to look at activity and it said not registered in ddns. I had not done anything to get this message help please

You will need to provide more info...what ddns service are you running? did you properly set it up? Screen shots..

HIK-online. It has been working and the. All of a sudden says not registered to ddns. I am 2 hours away so going to have someone reset. Could be no power?

Upload speed is a major factor in viewing your CCTV remotely. unless you upgrade your broadband to a better upload speed it will always potentially struggle. more so if someone else is also using the network locally where the system is located.