Chinaboy

Distribute camera to multiple tv

Hi... I have a swann dvr8-3425 with hdmi and vga outputs. I have a rf modulator but I can't find the correct cable or device that I need to send the video from either the hdmi or vga from the dvr to the input of the rf modulator. I purchase a hdmi to rca cable on Amazon but nothing in being transmitted. Not sure if I have the right cable. Is there any easier method to transfer the video to all the tv in the house?

Thanks

Hi... I have a swann dvr8-3425 with hdmi and vga outputs. I have a rf modulator but I can't find the correct cable or device that I need to send the video from either the hdmi or vga from the dvr to the input of the rf modulator. I purchase a hdmi to rca cable on Amazon but nothing in being transmitted. Not sure if I have the right cable. Is there any easier method to transfer the video to all the tv in the house?

Thanks

No you should be using the Video Out port from the back of your DVR using a RG58 lead BNC to BNC and using 2 x BNC to RCA adaptors to connect to the modulator VGA and HDMI won't connect to your modulator.

273946_1.jpg

Thank you so much for your response. My dvr does not have a video out. See diagram. Is there anything else I can do?

SWDVR-83425H-01.jpg.fdde743749ed1b521d3ecc66251f2c10.jpg

Video out port is a legacy port from the older designs. Most of the HD and IP systems being produced now have no real use for a Video out RCA or BNC (composit) port

"My DVR doesn't have...."

Ah then you need a VGA to video adaptor convertor. A bit unusual these days I have a cabinet full that I bought in error.

they should run you about £5- £10 and this will connect to your modulator.

274021_1.jpg

As was stated [i"]you could run a HDMI" convertor[/i] but as has already been said they "are more expensive" and I would add thereis no 'quality' benefit.

Thank you... I ordered vga converter and also an hdmi converter from amazon and should be here tomorrow. Will post back my results when tested tomorrow.

It's me again.... I got the VGA to video adaptor convertor and that seems to work with modulator, but I just cant seem to figure out getting the signal to the tv. I use a splitter to combine the video from the camera and cable signal for the cable company and then to the tv, but that seems to prevent some of my regular tv channels from working and I don't see any video from the cameras.

I am using a smart tv connected to my cable box via HDMI and the coax cable from the cable company connected to the cable box. Should anything be connected to coax connection on the tv itself?

Thanks

Are you saying that I need to modulator? Is there a diagram on the net that describe what you are saying?

Thanks in advance.

I actually have it working now. But it appears that both the camera and cable tv signal is weak. Where should I put a signal booster?

That I cannot help you with as I have never had that issue so "I don't know" is the simple answer to that one.

I suggest you speak to a TV AV system installer for that.

I have looked for a diagram on the net but nothing I have seen is suitable,

but stay with it, you are almost done now so well done.

I have a similar setup and my cable tv is distributed by an 8 way coax amp, distribution box. My Leviton box has 2 extra inputs to insert channels that come from a modulator. I use a low pass filter on the cable input to make room for my additional channels. tv's that need all the available channels get their cable signal from a splitter inline before the low pass filter. If the tv you are useing needs both the entire channel range to support a cable box and your new signal with your extra channels added, you will need to put an A/B switch on the inputs to select the cable input for that tv.

Hi... do you mind providing me with model numbers of your equipment? Sounds like your setup may work better for me if I could wrap my head around it.

My cable distribution amp is a Leviton model that I got 15 years ago. I will look for the model number. Not sure if they offer the same unit today and so far others that I have looked at do not have the extra 2 inputs. I have a channel blocking low pas filter on the main input for this unit. In my case it blocks all cable channels above 65 and my modulator sends channels 85,87,89 and 91. Any tv fed a signal after this amp can watch any available channel. My cable box gets it's signal from a splitter before the amp so the tv after the box can not view the extra channels but can get the normal 65+ channels.